Thread: UTEOTW Cover - seeking tone feedback

UTEOTW Cover - seeking tone feedback

Ok...finally recorded this into GarageBand.

Go EASY!! I've been at the electric guitar for less than a year so there are some obvious mistakes. Kinda screwed up part of the outro but mostly looking for feedback on tone.

I'm playing LP Custom
    AC30
    OD-2
    Rat (I have this on as well to tighten the tone just a bit but I've got the volume down on that so it's very subtle. Primary tone comes through the OD-2 but I like the addition the Rat adds).
    Korg SDD-3000 / triangle mod setting / 4 repeats
    Boss Reverb (very subtle)

During solo and outro I add TS-9

Flame Away!!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ubgp126lf5...81%29.mp3?dl=0
    Last edited by Jeff; 07-22-2016 at 02:54 AM.

Blog Entries
    I am not flaming, mate. No intention to and i dont want to.

You have all the right ingredients, but the sound is still missing something. How is the core sound from amp? Is it a tb version? I am asking because i think it's lacking the higher trebly sound? Might be the recording also. How did you record? Phone? Mics? Then into garageband? What i ment is that i miss the more sqeeky, sharpisch sound edge has live. Your tone is (no flaming!) a bit 'dull'.

If i remember well the od2 settings edge used are like this //\\ so about 2 o'clock two left knobs, and about 10/11 o'clock two right knobs.

If i was in your shoes, i would have at least .11 on the lp, volume and tone max, use only the amp and od2 to start with. Use the tb channel, add more mids/highs, less lows and see how that sounds. If thats close, then add the rat and listen where it takes you.

it does sound way to muddy, but i assume, thats the recording and not the tone. (as everything else is drowned in muddiness too) it lacks the clarity. how did you get that stuff into garageband?
    the BT sounds horrible, but your playing is definitely on the right track. playing, tone... its all there. wud love to hear that with a proper recording. keep on rockin bro.

Nice go at it jeff, its not easy at first when your doing your first take, but allcriticism here is all for the good. I would get your core tone in order first. Listen to some IEM's like this one
    https://soundcloud.com/engine-face/u...d-of-the-world i allways thought the OD2 was used for the Riff and the rat added in for the outro but i could be wrong. See if this IEM recording helps getting you your base tone, granted his Tone whether it was post production or not the Slane Castle DVD is much dirtier compared to this IEM but its a good reference to his Tone...Keep going

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S7 edge.