Thread: Vox AC30 Amplug vs. Joyo AC Tone

Vox AC30 Amplug vs. Joyo AC Tone

Hey guys! I would like to purchase an AC30 amp sim to use in place of the one on the POD HD500X. I've heard good things about both the Vox AC30 Amplug and the Joyo AC Tone, and since they are both around the same price, I was wondering if any of you had any recommendations on which one to get? Thank you!
    Fender Squire Stratocaster, Gibson 2013 Les Paul Studio, Blue Herdim Picks, POD HD500X, Garageband
    "I suppose ultimately I'm interested in music. I'm a musician. I'm not a gunslinger. That's the difference between what I do and what a lot of guitar heroes do." -Edge on his own inimitable, laid back style.

I would say the joyo. Amplig is only battery operated if i'm not mistaking and the joyo also works with a powersupply wich i think is more convenient.
    They both sound great btw

I use two ac tone joyo connected to the output of the pod hd500 for stereo sound, this pedal sounds great for how cheap it is.

Quote Originally Posted by underground View Post
    I use two ac tone joyo connected to the output of the pod hd500 for stereo sound, this pedal sounds great for how cheap it is.
    Why don't you run just 1 Joyo in the loop of the Pod? And then just run your delays and verbs post amp sim?
    I agree the Joyo/Liverpool is a better option to run with the Pod. Both sound great though, and IMHO are much better than the Vox sims in the Pod.

It is a good idea, the loop pod is very useful but for me it is noisy.
    Currently the only thing passing through the loop is the Korg A3 I use in some songs.

Quote Originally Posted by underground View Post
    Cool idea, i've been thinking about doing this. What are the joyo's connected too? Do you run them both into your audio interface/daw?

Quote Originally Posted by Explorer32 View Post
    Cool idea, i've been thinking about doing this. What are the joyo's connected too? Do you run them both into your audio interface/daw?

I've tried the joyo in different positions like the Korg A3 and sdd 3000 pedal.
    Now I have connected as follows:

( Wah and A3--Loop ) ---> L output Pod---> L korg sdd---> joyo---> mix---> PA
    ( Wah and A3--Loop ) ---> R output Pod---> R korg sdd---> joyo---> mix---> PA

Nice! So you use this setup live?
    I want to do it this way on our next small gig because i cant bring my amp.
    Curious how it sounds on high volume