Thread: Amp problems Axe fx

Amp problems Axe fx

When I use the same amp fro 2 different patches, the axe does't let me use different settings for the amp. Streets is on patch 1, I want the drive of the amp at 2.00
    Bad is on patch 7, I want the drive on 4.25. If I save patch one with 2.00 then my bad preset will be automaticly modified to 2. This is not what I want. There most be something related to the Axe
    with global block or so. I dont know. Please help me !

Quote Originally Posted by firepat View Post
    When I use the same amp fro 2 different patches, the axe does't let me use different settings for the amp. Streets is on patch 1, I want the drive of the amp at 2.00
    Bad is on patch 7, I want the drive on 4.25. If I save patch one with 2.00 then my bad preset will be automaticly modified to 2. This is not what I want. There most be something related to the Axe
    with global block or so. I dont know. Please help me !
    Based on my understanding, you use global block for the amp.

If you want to use different setting, please ensure you save the amp in different global block slot. If you want to keep it on the same global block slot but still want to set different drive setting for each preset, you can use scene controller setting to alter drive setting.

If you don't want to use global block, please unlink it and then save the preset.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need further info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by thinknolimitz View Post
    Based on my understanding, you use global block for the amp.

If you want to use different setting, please ensure you save the amp in different global block slot. If you want to keep it on the same global block slot but still want to set different drive setting for each preset, you can use scene controller setting to alter drive setting.

If you don't want to use global block, please unlink it and then save the preset.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need further info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Correct. Unlink the amp block from the global. Read the manual on how to do this. Then when you create a preset copy the unlinked amp block from another preset and then adjust it and save. If you copy an entire preset with the amp linked to a global, then it will still be linked to the global in the new preset. Or do this and then unlink it. Dont change and save a globally linked amp because it will update your global amp model.

I recommend only using one amp model so you can avoid all this. Up the drive with a boost or drive pedal instead and try to stick to just one amp model.
    U2GTAdministrator

Thanks for the informations. I really taught that the global blocks was not activated (default) When I listen to a video about global blocks on youtube i did not remember that they say that you need to deactivt it. They were more talking on how usefull it could be tha modify all the patchs with a simple opération
    For me that function is not usefull and gives me headaches. I will read one more time the owners manual about global blocks. I just hope its easy to deactivate and that I dont have to use the controllers to boost
    all the patches
    I might also reconsider and use the same amps for all patches will less drive and then add a boost as michael suggest. I am just afraid that it would change all the tones of my patch!
    thanks guys. lot of work in front of me !!!!!!!!!!

HOW to.....If you don't want to use global block, please unlink it and then save the preset. Is this in the global menu that I unlink it?