Thread: Raised By Wolves (NYD Style)

Raised By Wolves (NYD Style) and tabs!!!

Hello everyone! I've covered my favorite song from the songs of innocence album. Very difficult to change between guitar and piano on this one (much easier on NYD). I'm using the TFI Friday version as a backing track but it's the same as the I+e Tour.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEsksSzBiBg

Here's my tab:
    The guitar is tuned 1/2 step down
    INTRO:
    D string ----13----- palm muted (listen to the rhythm on the song, some times you have to play the string harder)

THEN THE STRONG CHORD: (the edge make this chord the hole intro but just play the D string)
    E--x-- muted
    A--x-- muted
    D--13--
    G--11--
    B--11--
    e--x-- muted

I like to make a bar with my first finger on 11 from A to B and just ad the 3th finger on the D--13--

Play that like 3 times fast, I can see that the edge play that with up strokes but I prefer to make down strokes.

THEN THE DELAY NOTES: (I'm using 270ms with 40% feedback and 50% mix) I don't know if it's correct but I think it's close enough so if anyone can help me with this It would be cool.

G--15-- couple times then slide up to ---18--- again a couple times and then slide down to ---13--- (check the cover to see the times and the strokes) and at the end before "raised by wolves" chorus play two times G --13-- and let it ring then play the chord two times.

CHORUS:
    G--x---muted all the time
    B--11-11---11-11---11-11---11--11-11-9-9---11-11-11-11-11
    e--x----muted (some times you can hit the 11 with the first two strokes of the B on the 11, sounds cool)

D--x--muted (all the time)
    G--11-11-11-11-10-10-10-10-10-8--8-8
    B--x--muted (all the time)
    e--x--muted (all the time)

Edge change the rhythm all the time but this are the notes. I saw a lot of live videos of this song to figure out.
    Also I'm using the pinkie for the first part then I change to my 3th finger to let ring the last note and start the piano part.

OUTRO:
    the rest of the song it's pretty much the same. Look at the cover and you would see what's next.
    But at the end edge change this all the time. Just slide from notes to notes on the G string.
    In my cover I change the patch to start with this:

G--8-8-8---piano---8-8-8---piano---8/10-10/11-11--piano--10-10-10-10/11-8----
    And start playing around with the notes. Like I'm using the TFI Friday version it's not to long the outro because they don't play next UTEOTW but I saw that on the HBO special Edge plays almost the same notes just more times sliding up and down

So that's it.
    Bridge position the hole song, some tube drive (ts808) and a bigger drive on the outro with some delay and a long sustainer.

If I forgot something let me know. And sorry If I have some mistakes on my English. More to come!
    Last edited by The Serch; 01-29-2016 at 11:01 PM. Reason: I added a tab as a request

Blog Entries
    Damn that was so great. I've been looking at this one after watching the HBO special from Paris. Do you have a link to tab for both the guitar and piano parts?

Thanks,

Michael

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I agree with Michael. Really great job! The quick switching between guitar and keyboard at the end was great.

Another awesome cover ! You are really good.

Keep'em coming. Cheers!

I was just about to start working on my cover of this aha, great job!
    The Edge is god, Bonos just a decoy!

Quote Originally Posted by mforester View Post
    Damn that was so great. I've been looking at this one after watching the HBO special from Paris. Do you have a link to tab for both the guitar and piano parts?

Thanks,

Michael

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Thanks! I actually don't have any tabs but I can make a tab for the guitar part, for the piano I don't really know how to do that, maybe some pictures.