Thread: TheNardDog18's Ultraviolet Cover

TheNardDog18's Ultraviolet Cover

My guitar cover of Ultraviolet, one of my favorites from Achtung Baby. Combined my favorite parts from the Zoo TV and the 360 versions. Hope you guys enjoy! As always, please leave feedback!

Special thanks to walter from the forum for his amazing preset, which i tweaked to work with my guitar.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Gear Used:
    2013 Gibson Les Paul Studio
    POD HD500X
    Garageband
    Fender Squire Stratocaster, Gibson 2013 Les Paul Studio, Blue Herdim Picks, POD HD500X, Garageband
    "I suppose ultimately I'm interested in music. I'm a musician. I'm not a gunslinger. That's the difference between what I do and what a lot of guitar heroes do." -Edge on his own inimitable, laid back style.

nice and warm tone. i never played this with a lp, but it sounds great, especially the fuzz parts. there are some timing issues, maybe from the recording or the delay?
    such a great song!

Thanks Joe! Yes, I apologize for the timing issues, but I honestly thought it sounded ok when I did the take playing along to the backing track. Should've probably re-recorded. Could've been from when i tried syncing the guitar and video. I think part of the problem was also the cutoff you get when you switch between presets.
    Fender Squire Stratocaster, Gibson 2013 Les Paul Studio, Blue Herdim Picks, POD HD500X, Garageband
    "I suppose ultimately I'm interested in music. I'm a musician. I'm not a gunslinger. That's the difference between what I do and what a lot of guitar heroes do." -Edge on his own inimitable, laid back style.

Very nice attempt.
    Once again a song with many different parts, various type of sounds, rhythm and solo part.
    Pretty complex indeed

Well done !

Great tone. Focus on that right hand a little more on main riff. The strumming isn't quite that "loose." As always, Edge changes it up, but there is a specific pattern and tightness to it.
    U2GTAdministrator

Very good tone and playing over all, especially the Fuzz. A little work in the strumming pattern and the Delay/Mix/Feedback adjustments and your Golden.

Vic

Thank you all very much! Again, I have to give the credit to walter for his preset. I simply adjusted it to sound good with my LP. Maybe I'll redo this someday and fine tune it, but who knows with how busy life can get

Quote Originally Posted by TheNardDog18 View Post
    Thank you all very much! Again, I have to give the credit to walter for his preset. I simply adjusted it to sound good with my LP. Maybe I'll redo this someday and fine tune it, but who knows with how busy life can get
    You're welcome, you used them well. Very nice cover, the only issue is timing (due to recording problems probably). Keep it up!