Thread: unknown caller, my interpretation

unknown caller, my interpretation

one of my longterm projects. i always loved the morroco sessions, where one can hear the first steps for mag and uc. lot of percussion and bonos attempts to get a feeling for the songs. so i took that as an inspiration for my interpretation. and it turned out to be a lot of fun on the production side.
    spending days and days with various percussions and then working my way through it. adam is going absolutely crazy on this one, ofter overlooked in a guitar focused mind. but the bass lines are insane, absolutely love it. spent a lot of time with all the ohohoh's and the chorus. at the end, 14 vocal tracks ended up in the final mix.
    still work in progress i guess, but at one point u gotta move on

http://youtu.be/HaRyMbJwg7o

your opinions, as usual, are highly appreciated.

As always , awesome. !!!
    I really like this one.

Could you explain some more about the tone.
    is it just direct clean tone, or do you have some light delay, reverb , ...?

(when did you got this beautiful Gibson ? Which model is that?)

Love it, this may be your best cover yet.
    Your voice is perfect for this song (or the song is perfect for your voice, you decide )
    The solo is a bit underwhelming but its the studio version and on the album the solo is underwhelming toi compared to the live version (wich is imo the perfect solo)
    Great stuff man!!

Really great !!!! I got goosebumps when you started the intro riff

Damn great Mr. Joe!! I can't remember which covers of yours I have seen and which I haven't but this is realllllly well done. I enjoyed it. Such a nice song for your voice too As Explorer32 said. The only thing missing for me was more dynamics on the guitar phrases...there's a ton of emotion that can come out of playing louder and softer with those. Great work man. This is one I could loop for sure on my playlist. Classic Pro Cover!

Blog Entries
    Again awesome.. Happy to see you dont say "humble" anymore. Maybe a tiny remark, since you are not "humble" covering anymore, next step is to get rid of the "headless guitarist syndrome" ? Lol.

Well done.

thx guys for the motivating words. thx affen, that probably the biggest compliment i cud hope for. storm, absolutely agree. i am wayyyy too focused on playing it correctly. huge room for improvement on the feeling-department. but this cover was lopsided anyway.... spent about 90% of the work into production and only a small portion into the guitarplaying;( need to change that in the future. but i got carried away with the percussion alone for two weeks
    definitely agree with you rob: in my books, thats a top3, if not top1 solo of their whole catalogue. i am far away from doing it any justice, but after 15 takes, i simply stopped and took the one, which was at least without any major f@ckup.
    hehe, jacques, after seeing and hearing all of you nerds here in this forum, there is no way for me, not to be humble. so much to learn from you guys.
    manu, thats a classic lp, i bought second hand in singapore 10 years ago. love that guitar. tone is pretty straight forward iirc: some half open wah, quite a lot of mids in the amp, usual dly and some rev. shud have put more grit into the solo, i guess.
    thx for all the feedback guys, really appreciate it!
    Last edited by Joe Black; 12-18-2015 at 05:33 AM.

Another epic Steven 😊 makes star wars look low budget 😉