Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kite Outro Help

Blog Entries

Kite Outro Help

Would someone please be kind enough to tab the outro to this wonderful cover of Kite for me. I think I have 98% of it, but I'm missing something right at the beginning of the outro. It's too fast for my old eyes and ears to pick-up.

Thanks!!

https://youtu.be/LEIgqKi3ANw?t=252
    Last edited by Toopy14; 12-10-2015 at 01:09 AM.

Blog Entries
    If I recall, Phil made a tutorial for Kite. Does anyone have the link handy? I did a search and found a post from Phil with a link to his YouTube channel, but all his tutorials aren't there. I'm struggling with the outro to the Boston version of Kite.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Toopy14 View Post
    If I recall, Phil made a tutorial for Kite. Does anyone have the link handy? I did a search and found a post from Phil with a link to his YouTube channel, but all his tutorials aren't there. I'm struggling with the outro to the Boston version of Kite.

Thanks!
    I think I pulled it from public consumption because I had way too many vodka tonics and the playing was sloppy. I will try to find it and send you a link, or I will just redo the outro and send it to you. I have been threatening to do a new tutorial for the past few weeks and still plan to get something out by the end of the year. I was going to do You're the Best Thing, but I think I am a little late to the party on that one, as there are several tutorials out there already, so I am regrouping.

-Phil

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wildmorphlaw View Post
    I will try to find it and send you a link, or I will just redo the outro and send it to you.

-Phil
    Phil, that would be awesome. You're more than welcome to do both!

If I recall, you played the outro, but didn't really explain it. I think the vodka had kicked in by then! Thanks to your drunken video though, I can now play slide fairly well. All of a sudden one day, it just starting working for me!

Thanks Phil...and glad to see you back on the forum!

Tony

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wildmorphlaw View Post
    I think I pulled it from public consumption because I had way too many vodka tonics and the playing was sloppy. I will try to find it and send you a link, or I will just redo the outro and send it to you. I have been threatening to do a new tutorial for the past few weeks and still plan to get something out by the end of the year. I was going to do You're the Best Thing, but I think I am a little late to the party on that one, as there are several tutorials out there already, so I am regrouping.

-Phil
    Hi Phil.

Did you have a chance to look for your Kite tutorial or redoing the outdo?

Thanks

Tony

I've just made a tab for Kite, you can find it in the tab section for the song.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nbelcik View Post
    I've just made a tab for Kite, you can find it in the tab section for the song.
    Already saw it and left you a thank you, but I'll thank you again...thank you!

Look forward to the One Tree Hill Live tab!

There's actually a live tab for One Tree Hill at this website: http://ponto.com/tabs.htm. If I make one for One Tree Hill it'll be after the tour DVD for the JT 2017 tour comes out. But I might do one for the U22 version, we'll see. I'm about to finish up Raised By Wolves so I'll be posting that tomorrow.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nbelcik View Post
    There's actually a live tab for One Tree Hill at this website: http://ponto.com/tabs.htm.
    I've seen that one. I don't think the chorus is correct though...at least, it's not how Phil plays it in his tutorial. Which from what I can tell from watching Edge, Phil plays it the same way.

I've tried following Phil's tutorial, unfortunately, it's a low def. video so it's hard to see the strings he's picking. When I try to listen to the notes, I find it hard to pick out the notes when the delay is on.

Not knocking Phil's videos, I really appreciate the work and effort he puts forth making them. Phil has also been very generous over the years in answering many of my questions...great to have him back!

I'll have to check out it's accuracy then. Honestly, now that I'm done with Kite and Raised By Wolves, I might attempt One Tree Hill from U22 but it seems like a complicated song and I'm worried I won't be able to find any clear videos of Edge's playing. I think I might give it a shot, but soon I will be working a fulltime job while also taking four online classes that I have to take for graduate school (my grad program starts in June).

And I'm a big fan of Phil's tutorials, sometimes I notice little things that are wrong, but they're generally really great.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast