Thread: RTSS Sound Test

RTSS Sound Test

Hey guys! Here is something I've been working on for a few days now. It's a cover based on the version of "Running To Stand Still" with Edge and Mario Batali (Link if you haven't seen it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHZn7ZCahNk).

This is just a test of what I have right now. I plan on making a full cover with vocals and a video sometime soon, but would like to know how it sounds first before I do anything like that. I know I lose my timing with the loop towards the end, but I'll fix that later.

I used the Looper on the POD HD500x, along with the AC30 amp sim and effects. I also used my Fender Squire Strat (I know Edge uses an acoustic-electric, but I don't have one, so I had to use the next best thing ) I also added some piano just to be different. Mixed in Garageband.

Please leave ANY feedback you can think of!!! This is also the first time I've done any mixing or anything like that, so some tips on that would be great too! Thank you all so much!

Fender Squire Stratocaster, Gibson 2013 Les Paul Studio, Blue Herdim Picks, POD HD500X, Garageband
    "I suppose ultimately I'm interested in music. I'm a musician. I'm not a gunslinger. That's the difference between what I do and what a lot of guitar heroes do." -Edge on his own inimitable, laid back style.

IMO it sounds interesting good...... Well done..... I only think the high chords can be done better, and it sounded a little off time after 3:20.....
    I've never heard this kinda version of the Edge and i like this one, but i think i would have let the looper out of it @ certain points.....
    But hey, that's why i'm sitting on my couch, and he is playing concerts......
    But again, nice job, i'm looking forward to the final version......
    Last edited by Timmyboy83; 08-06-2015 at 07:27 PM.

Blog Entries
    What timmy said;
    Added to that, to my ears he uses some slight form of flanger, which is better audible when he starts playing chords, later in the song.

I think edge plays the small riff in the biggining twice, second round slightly different (more sharp sound). Then he starts talking about the loop and so on. I think the first riff he starts at high e 12, secound more like high e 17-ish.

It is very creative, and I like that.
    I enjoyed listening at your attempt.
    Of course, some off time at some place etc...
    But overall, a nice and fun piece of music.
    Well done !

(thanks for the video. I already have seen it. Great stuff inside )

I think it's a very good attempt. The sound is really near. With an electric acoustic guitar would be possible sound even better.
    For now you I hear a little too much quack sound.
    Following this awesome interview I started to look for the chords and sound.
    But my attempt is not nearly so good as yours! I like it a lot.
    And there is a light
    Don't let it go out!