Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vertigo Cover (POD HD500)

Vertigo Cover (POD HD500)

Hi guys,
    check out my cover of Vertigo! I don't own a Tele, so I used my Strat, and the POD HD500. Tell me if you like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJBH8AUGyOM

https://soundcloud.com/walterdecarne/u2-vertigo

2 things from my ears on the recording....
    1. the delay is a little too high in the mix (in the parts you turn it on).
    2. the tone is right but the distortion is a little too creamy......this is a dirty, grittier song (like the sand from that desert in the video got in your teeth).
    What distortion are you using? You are so very close and you played well. It's just missing a final tweak. Sounds great so far. This is one of those cases where it probably sounds good in the room coming out of an amp but direct is a different beast.

Thanks for the suggestions I'll adjust the settings on my pedalboard. Anyway I'm using just the "Classic Distorsion", on the POD HD500, for the main riff, and the Tube Drive for the "solos", both with the Blackface Lux amp.

Try the Line 6 Drive or is it Line 6 Distortion for the main riff. I believe there was an article / documentary? somewhere that stated Edge used his custom made Line 6 distortion a lot on that album. Let us know if that helps. It was one of those two I think.

Quote Originally Posted by storm View Post
    2 things from my ears on the recording....
    1. the delay is a little too high in the mix (in the parts you turn it on).
    2. the tone is right but the distortion is a little too creamy......this is a dirty, grittier song (like the sand from that desert in the video got in your teeth).
    What distortion are you using? You are so very close and you played well. It's just missing a final tweak. Sounds great so far. This is one of those cases where it probably sounds good in the room coming out of an amp but direct is a different beast.
    Yeah have to agree with storm here. It sounds to clean and not gritty enough. Otherwise a decent go.

I tried both distorsions and they are little too heavy (coming out from the amp). Anyway, recording directly, they sound nice for this song. Thanks for the suggestion again

agree with everything storm said. great playing! u appear a bit stiff and very concentrated. to fight RLS, try standing up and/or beer. that usually works best.
    never tried this song myself, but your video make me wanna give this a go myself. thx for sharing. looking fwd to more covers from you already!

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Black View Post
    agree with everything storm said. great playing! u appear a bit stiff and very concentrated. to fight RLS, try standing up and/or beer. that usually works best.
    never tried this song myself, but your video make me wanna give this a go myself. thx for sharing. looking fwd to more covers from you already!
    that is a very good tip!! it works for me too

Quote Originally Posted by Explorer32 View Post
    that is a very good tip!! it works for me too
    it's the only way I function
    (German father / Irish mother I have no choice)

Quote Originally Posted by storm View Post
    it's the only way I function
    (German father / Irish mother I have no choice)
    LOL, yeah, i guess you dont have a choice! I have dutch parents so i guess i do have a choice. I choose beer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast