Thread: DaltonRobinson cover of Song For Someone

DaltonRobinson cover of Song For Someone

Hi,

So this is a cover of Song For Someone which we have done for the #songforsomeone showcase on U2.com were they are asking for fans around the world to create musical and video covers of the song. This track is performed in Belfast, Ireland and mixed in Melbourne, Australia an international collaberation if you like between myself Michael Dalton and Rory Robinson, the video is also recorded in both Belfast and Melbourne. Again it is an alternative arrangement and style to the original, our own interpretation of Song for Someone and we hope you enjoy, as always feedback is appreciated.

Thanks

DR

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuzSAQNZwSE

Facebook Pages:

https://www.facebook.com/officialroryrobinson?fref=ts

https://www.facebook.com/daltonarobinson?fref=ts

hey guys. great stuff. i alwasy find it more interesting, when people give the song a personal touch instead of a pure copycat. very professional looking video as well. i am following the contest as closely as possible without fb and twitter. really awesome, how much talent is out there. really like the idea of this contest.
    this is not my most favorite song of the album, but i really enjoy seeing, what people do with it.

I agree joe its not the best song from the album which i think says alot as it is a great track although i think it may be a bit of a 'stay', i think that song for someone might become big through live acoustic performances, more reason to cover it with big ambitious orchestral influences etc. That was the idea behind the cover

Wow great cover guys
    All we have to decide, is what to do with the time that is given to us.

Blog Entries
    Overall a great version, but what i feel is that this song is more down to earth, smaller, sweet and sensitive. It should not sound so big imho. One of the reasons i think like this is u2 itself: performed live its only acoustic or piano. But again, imho!

Blog Entries
    Nice cover guys, well done. Very good video production too.
    My Gear : Fender Strat // Tokai Love Rock LP // Epiphone Explorer Korina // Taylor 814ce (2014) Acoustic // Roland HP107 Piano // Line 6 Pod HD500 // Korg A3 // Presonus Firestudio Mobile // iMac 3.06Ghz Core 2 Duo 8GB // M-Audio AV40 Monitor Speakers // Vox AC4TV

"Everybody’s going to remember your songs, it’s just that nobody’s gonna be able to play them" - Bob Dylan talking to Edge