The hub of U2 Guitar Tutorials is the video tutorials created by Michael to teach people how to play U2 songs on guitar, together with an awful lot more such as Edge's tone and technique.
If you want to learn a song, you need to visit the Song Tutorial Forums where songs are organized by Album. Within each song you will find a set of sub-forums as follows :
- Watch U2GT Tutorials. Read-only forums to view Michael's video tutorials and learn how to play the song, plus about how Michael has achieved his tone. Note : This forum will only exist if Michael has completed video tutorials. The list of songs covered is shown below.
- Tutorials / Gear / Effects and More. Talk about the tutorial, how to play the song, techniques, gear, effects, tuning etc. related to this song
- Patches / Presets. Find or share effect patches for this song.
- Tabs. Find or share guitar tablature for this song.
- Showcase. Share your clips with the community.
Songs with Video Tutorials (so far)
- Boy. I Will Follow
- War. New Year's Day
- The Unforgettable Fire. Pride
- The Unforgettable Fire. The Unforgettable Fire
- The Unforgettable Fire. Bad
- The Joshua Tree. Where The Streets Have No Name
- The Joshua Tree. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
- The Joshua Tree. With Or Without You
- Rattle and Hum. Van Diemen's Land
- Achtung Baby. Until The End Of The World
- Achtung Baby. Ultraviolet (Light My Way)
- All That You Can't Leave Behind. Beautiful Day
- How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb. Vertigo
- No Line On The Horizon. Magnificent
- No Line On The Horizon. I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight
Finding New / Recent Content
If you want to keep up to date with recent content (e.g. since your last visit), then you have the following options :
1) Look for forums that have an icon like this which means that forums (or sub-forums) have new (unread) posts within then
2) Use the "What's New" button in the main forum toolbar or the "New Posts" link in the forum links section (under the main toolbar), both near the top of your screen. This shows you all new posts since your last visit to the forum - a great way to quickly see what you've missed whilst you've been away.
3) Use the "Quick Links -> Today's Posts" link in the forum links section near the top of your screen.
4) You can also search for all content between certain dates, such as everything in the last week or month by visiting the Advanced Search page available near the top right of all pages.
Before Adding Content
Everybody's input is valued so feel free to post replies or new topics. However, before posting a new topic please use the Search function (top right corner). A lot of times somebody else will have already asked your question and most likely received an answer. This saves everybody time and effort and prevents duplicate information on the forum.
When Adding Content
First and foremost, please adhere to the forum rules published in the Forum Guide. Take the time to read and understand these important rules.
If you post relates to a specific song (e.g. tone advice for Ultraviolet) then please post it in the "Tutorials / Gear / Effects and More" forum underneath that specific song. The general "Gear Addiction" forum is only to be used for generic posts unrelated to a specific song.
Make your title sensible and related to your content (e.g. don't post 'I need help!!!', but instead post 'Help with TC2290 setup').
Make use of the "tags" feature at the bottom of your new post/blog. You can specify many tags, separating each one with a comma. By doing so, you make it much easier for other members to find content and to see hot trends. Some example tag lines are shown below :
fender, dotted delay, streets
vox ac30, recording
axe-fx, patch, mysterious ways
edge, edge guitars
delay, delay settings