Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: UTEOTW no drives on Axe FX fw17.04 G2

Blog Entries
    Thx toopy, so you play main riff with low e? I was muting that string,.. So, that is one thing out of the way.. I am afraid there's more... Omg.

Blog Entries
    Found it what i was doing wrong, not notes and right hand moving, nor pinky, but the muting with the left hand on the strings during the main riff. I seemed to apply extra muted scratching somehow. Don't know how i got it, and as i got used to it i never noticed it.

Now i have to de-learn that habbit. Oops.

I also play the little bridge after main riff in doubles, they are singles (although doubles in toopy's tabs, might be delays toops?), and then an open a, then 2 on a string etc. Also not in your tabs toopy, but it sounds very sweet if you do,.. Rest seems quite alright.

Now checking the solo and the whole outro which i hardly remember. And yes, i am old....

Blog Entries
    Ok, another test ;-))))) bare with me, lol.

I recorded differently now, edge on left side, myself on right side. I pressed record, and quickly grabbed guitar and i tried to follow the edge (he just plays parts of UTEOTW). I didn't do his "extra volume" thing right before the main riff. But i wanted to hear if I am getting close in sound.

It's not 100%, but I think i am close. Edge seems somewhat brighter & louder. First I thought he added the sdd preamp, but I don't think so now, after some tests. Maybe a compressor of some kind.

What do you think? Again, I am doing my best to follow edge's playing, so i am a little behind ;-)

https://soundcloud.com/stevenafoe/uteotw-mix

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12