Thread: The Fly Preset (Axe-FX II / XL - 17.04) - Hints for improvements appreciated

The Fly Preset (Axe-FX II / XL - 17.04) - Hints for improvements appreciated

I've created my second patch for the Axe FX II, this time The Fly.
    Its been created baselined by a Amp setting I've found here by Toopy14, which sounded very good to me and which I currently use as starting point for my presets. I created a shimmer scene by looking how Michael did this, and added some distortions for the The Fly sound. Created on Axe FX II / XL with 17.04.

While I am satisfied with the main sound, I still look for improvements of the solo part sound. Its still too thin an high and sharp for my ears. In some Youtube videos I saw some pppl playing it with a nice distorted fuller dirtier sound. I yet have not figured out how to do this. Any hint very much appreciated. Please note in the sound example that there are a few isses:
    a) I have not yet looked into detail how to play the solo, so thats just some various notes played by ear, and furthermore lots of worse playing as I had a long break from the guitar.
    b) there seems to be an issue with the cable/guitar I guess as there are sometimes volume drops (hopefully this is not due issue in the preset FX path). The cable in of my Fender Stratocaster is a bit loose and the cable does not fit good, guess the guitar needs a check.

The Fly Axe FX II / XL 17.04 Preset v0.8:
    U2 - The Fly_17.04_v0.8_JoergZdarsky.syx
    Scene 1: Shimmer
    Scene 2: Main Dist. (Wah uses envelope)
    Scene 3: Pre-Solo Dist.
    Scene 4: Solo Dist. (currently same as Scene 3).
    Last edited by joergzdarsky; 02-06-2015 at 01:13 PM. Reason: Soundcloud link embedded