Thread: My 2nd Attempt!

My 2nd Attempt!

This is my second go of recording this track, been working months on my tone on the A3, IMO it's really paid off! Thoughts? Also sorry no whammy part, didn't have it screwed into my guitar.

Chain: Squire Start - Boss overdrive - Korg A3 - Vox amp - Logic Pro X
    Last edited by flopro; 01-16-2015 at 01:54 PM.
    The Edge is god, Bonos just a decoy!

Sounds Awesome Flopro, Really nice playing Man. That's the Best Streets from the A3 that I've probably ever heard, Nice work. Really liking the Tone

Vic

Blog Entries
    Good job flopro. Soundwise its great, especially considering you dont use (models of) a tc.
    On playing some obvious mistakes, but i guess you've heard them also. You lost yourself in the speed. ;-))

Edge is really a rythm machine, aint he?

Thanks guys, yeah this was mostly just a test for sound not the playing haha, here's the settings i used if anyone wants them, taken me a good few months to get the tone just right! Edge is a monster of rhythm, although i wasn't playing to a click track... So he's cheating! Who need's an Axe FX ay? Just spend months working with an A3 and you'll do fine!

Chain 09
    OVD2: 12, 72, 2.20, 4, 2.00
    MDL2: 350, 4.0, -40, 1.70, 4, 42

Blog Entries
    Love that tone flopro - got goosebumps when the main riff started! Just shows what patience and time with a FX unit (oh and a good ear) can do. You dedication to the A3 is proof of that. Thanks for sharing the settings.

Edit: Just for completeness I'm wondering what settings you had on the Boss overdrive and details of the vox amp please?
    My Gear : Fender Strat // Tokai Love Rock LP // Epiphone Explorer Korina // Taylor 814ce (2014) Acoustic // Roland HP107 Piano // Line 6 Pod HD500 // Korg A3 // Presonus Firestudio Mobile // iMac 3.06Ghz Core 2 Duo 8GB // M-Audio AV40 Monitor Speakers // Vox AC4TV

"Everybody’s going to remember your songs, it’s just that nobody’s gonna be able to play them" - Bob Dylan talking to Edge

Wow Henry that's fantastic! I'm dialing that into my a3 as I type 😊

The a3 modulated delay really is very cool 😊

Thanks allot guys! I guess my months of hard work has actually payed off haha!
    Regarding the Boss SD-1 settings, i think i've changed the knobs a little for different songs, but for streets i think i normally have it set like this.....

Level: 10 o'clock
    Tone: 11 o'clock
    Drive: 10 o'clock

....Nothing to drivey shall we say, just a dirty sounding overdrive seems to work for me, well and edge!

Of course my amp in real life sounds completely different compared to the recording i did from using the headphone output but here's the settings i've been using for the past few months...

Gain: 10 o'clock
    Volume: 10 o'clock
    Treble: 2 o'clock
    Bass: 12 o'clock

Combining the A3's OVD2 with my Vox pathfinder 15r amp gives me the breakup i need for streets, i think i used the same settings for songs like Bad/AIWIY/ISHFWILF/etc, and there you have it, hopefully i'll get round to a few more songs, have fun kids! Also i'll try and get some pictures of my settings instead of using the clock method!

This is the best A3 tone of Streets I've ever heard Henry! You are becoming the 2nd Pupack

Quote Originally Posted by G6122 View Post
    This is the best A3 tone of Streets I've ever heard Henry! You are becoming the 2nd Pupack
    Wow G6! I wouldn't go that far haha!