Thread: Obligatory version of One

Obligatory version of One

Enjoy!

https://soundcloud.com/mr2sheds/newone-2

This was done on a guitar (Les Paul Studio.... red if you must know), so you'll probably recognize the clean tone. The echo is the #27 preset on a Korg A3 and seems to work. And I apologize for the rotary effect, which i could never get to sound anything but thin and reedy. I would actually probably, were I to rerecord that track, just run it through my keeley modded tube screamer and go with the dirt.

Lemme know what you think!

Bob

Ok, nice playing for sure. But as you mentioned your Rotary I agree it sounds thin and to much distortion on it. Also your lead sound for the solo seems to be to thin to my ears. But as I wrote, you have the playing in your fingers.
    "It´s a musical journey!" (Larry)

I think you are right about the solo. Hm. Maybe I'll fix it in post.

Blog Entries
    The rotary indeed ;-).
    There's nothing wrong with a red LP studio btw! Love mine, still after almost 10 years....

I a not a fan of the overdriven sounds either. Are those also a3?

Everything was either clean, crummy rotary, or A3.

And the Les Paul Studio, when I first played it, sounded like what I thought a guitar should sound like. Love it.

Very nice playing. Great job on the solo. Fine tune the tone a bit and you'll have it nailed. Fantastic job sir.

I would agree you certainly are on the "egde" of something good with a little tweaking. Could I ask where you got the backing track from and if you'd share it. I fancy tackling this one. Well done.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk