Thread: Bad: Glastonbury

Blog Entries

Bad: Glastonbury

Is Edge using a bit of overdrive?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzrqXsWugx0

Tony

I think that's just a little more than "just on the verge of breakup." Perhaps the SDD preamp is hitting amp a with a little more output than usual. It's still pretty crisp. A drive would muddle the tone some I would think.
    U2GTAdministrator

Blog Entries
    Sure does. I've tried using an OD, but as you say, it sounds very muddled and it sounds empty or 'narrow'.

I can get great AIWIY, ISHFWILF tones with my amp, the pre-amp and the Axe-Fx, but I can't seem to get a nice biting tone for Bad. Edge must use an SDD that's turned up a bit louder for Bad...maybe too loud for the Glastonbury version. If you watch Edge, he doesn't look impressed. He looks backstage a few times, presumably at Dallas. After the first chorus, he walks over to the rack and tweaks something. Possibly turned down the SDD level???

Quote Originally Posted by Toopy14 View Post
    Sure does. I've tried using an OD, but as you say, it sounds very muddled and it sounds empty or 'narrow'.

I can get great AIWIY, ISHFWILF tones with my amp, the pre-amp and the Axe-Fx, but I can't seem to get a nice biting tone for Bad. Edge must use an SDD that's turned up a bit louder for Bad...maybe too loud for the Glastonbury version. If you watch Edge, he doesn't look impressed. He looks backstage a few times, presumably at Dallas. After the first chorus, he walks over to the rack and tweaks something. Possibly turned down the SDD level???
    We will never know. Dallas has a tough job. I"m sure he's compensated well, but must be stressful. If Edge moved to almost all Axe-Fx and Dallas retires, I would do it, LOL!
    U2GTAdministrator