Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: If you could meet The Edge??

My questions:

1) How do you view series and parallel delays? Do you prefer one over the other? Which songs are good examples of using two delays in parallel or series and how do you see them as different?

2) Do you just go by feel when setting up delays for a song or do you think through what you are looking for?

3) Do you have a clean guitar signal being amped in parallel through a second amp at all times?

4) Have you tried Fractal Audio's Axe-Fx Ultra or II?

5) What is your favorite and most versatile drive pedal?

6) What is the most common method you use to write songs? Do you find yourself just playing around and you stumble on melodies, or do you come up with the melody in your head first? Same with effects - do you experiment and discover the right effects to use on a song, or do you have in mind a tone and then work to create it?

I'll have more later.
    U2GTAdministrator

Blog Entries

Question If you could meet The Edge??

Just wondering
    If you had a chance to meet The Edge what questions would you ask him?
    Edit by the way I mean guitar,Tone or tech questions (Tim)
    Last edited by Adam; 12-17-2011 at 06:41 PM.
    Zootv and pop were the best tours,until they bring the greatest show ever on the road ZOOPOP.I cant wait .The lemon in front of the zoo tv stage.

Blog Entries
    Can I jam with you? That would have to be my first question! Followed by tons of others on his tone, effects, influences and songwriting. I'd probably also ask for a look under his hat to see what's going on
    My Gear : Fender Strat // Tokai Love Rock LP // Epiphone Explorer Korina // Taylor 814ce (2014) Acoustic // Roland HP107 Piano // Line 6 Pod HD500 // Korg A3 // Presonus Firestudio Mobile // iMac 3.06Ghz Core 2 Duo 8GB // M-Audio AV40 Monitor Speakers // Vox AC4TV

"Everybody’s going to remember your songs, it’s just that nobody’s gonna be able to play them" - Bob Dylan talking to Edge

Haha Tim!

I would ask him if he's tired of Bono ruining his solos by speaking over them! :-P
    Les Paul Copy - Ibanez Western Acoustic - Vox AC4TV mini - Behringer 15W - Line6 Pod HD500 - Line6 UX1 interface -
    Yamaha YPT-310 keyboard - Macbook Pro 13"

1. AIWIY recorded with a Gretsch and Pride with a LP for the main part? The Fly the Clapton Strat?

2. Maybe ask him about the Sdd3k into TC2290 use.

3. Perhaps ask him if he used a overdrive or distortion pedal during the early era(s).

4. Ask him about the differences between the Strats he's been using.

Who knows if he would actually remember most of these things, maybe Dallas would know more than The Edge.

My questions:

1) How do you view series and parallel delays? Do you prefer one over the other? Which songs are good examples of using two delays in parallel or series and how do you see them as different?

2) Do you just go by feel when setting up delays for a song or do you think through what you are looking for?

3) Do you have a clean guitar signal being amped in parallel through a second amp at all times?

4) Have you tried Fractal Audio's Axe-Fx Ultra or II?

5) What is your favorite and most versatile drive pedal?

6) What is the most common method you use to write songs? Do you find yourself just playing around and you stumble on melodies, or do you come up with the melody in your head first? Same with effects - do you experiment and discover the right effects to use on a song, or do you have in mind a tone and then work to create it?

I'll have more later.
    U2GTAdministrator

Blog Entries
    By the way some of my question

What do you use the SDD 3000 Preamp for,which songs/guitars?
    If you only had 5 pedals what would they be?
    Vox Amp setting?
    What inspires you after all these years?
    Have you a standard base tone that you work from?

When i remember more i will post them
    Zootv and pop were the best tours,until they bring the greatest show ever on the road ZOOPOP.I cant wait .The lemon in front of the zoo tv stage.

Blog Entries
    On a more serious note than my earlier reply :

• What was the first effect pedal you owned?
    • What is the oldest and newest piece of equipment in your setup?
    • What comes first, the tone or the song/melody?
    • How do you build your tone for a new song? What is the thought process and steps?
    • Can you share your AC30 secrets such as components and dial settings?
    • Having spent some time with the Fractal Audio Axe-FX, how do you rate it and how do you see it fitting in with your songwriting and performing?
    • I see The Unforgettable Fire, The Joshua Tree and Achtung Baby as 3 chapters of Edge's tone. Can you share anything about what chapter 4 may bring?
    My Gear : Fender Strat // Tokai Love Rock LP // Epiphone Explorer Korina // Taylor 814ce (2014) Acoustic // Roland HP107 Piano // Line 6 Pod HD500 // Korg A3 // Presonus Firestudio Mobile // iMac 3.06Ghz Core 2 Duo 8GB // M-Audio AV40 Monitor Speakers // Vox AC4TV

"Everybody’s going to remember your songs, it’s just that nobody’s gonna be able to play them" - Bob Dylan talking to Edge

I'd just be drooling and ask him to sign a guitar or something... then I'd think of a bunch of great questions once I'd already left.

At first , I will probably congratulate him for making such a nice music with his bandmates.
    Then, I will try to invite U2 to play a concert on my flat roof at home !
    I wouls also like to be a little mouse somewhere in the studio during the recording of the next album.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast