Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: free download ac30 blue ir at fractal forum (axe fx2,xl and utra/standard)

Hi guys,

searching for some Edge-presets and stumble over this thread. Funny, because i am one of the creator and be the publisher of the "Axe-Fest Germany 2014 Cab Pack" Nice to see, some of you like it, especially the AC30 IRs. I mostly prefer the TLM103 over the SM57. It was an awesome party doing these IRs and comparing the results with the Axe-Fx to the original AC30. (by the way: not "AC30 blues, blue (!) - refering to he Celestion Blue Dogs with original VOX labels on the back of the speakers)

Anyhow, my question: You`re refering often to the "Aye Cee 30 patch" to combine with the IRs from our Cab Pack. Where can i find this?

Tried the "Streets" Preset from Michael, but FW10.x is out dated. Have more success with the streets patch from Toopy14 (http://forum.u2guitartutorials.com/s...preamp-(v17-0)).

Anyhow: I have a strat and a MM silhouette special (would like to use this, but strat for reference) and have problems to get rid of the harsh highness and tried to get more of those (higher) mids. Tried the SDD preamp, the Class-A30 (instead of TB), but i just don`t feel i am there. So, some tips & tricks for me? For me it`s hard to get this crunchy Chunck, when picking the string (streets), but not to much distortion overall. I read all those plectrum and picking issues - seems to be a big part.

Did Edge use a compressor in front? To get more pick attack? EQing in front of the Amp? Any suggestion will be appreciated!

Thanks in advance
    Founder of www.axefx.de - the german Axe-Fx community
    Founder of www.cabIR.eu - fine impulse responses

Hi Morphosis.

Thanks for your great job on these IR with your german team
    (and presonally for your comment/like on my midi pedalboard at fractal forum)

You should find answer to your question here, so as many great presets
    Even if the preset from michael is not for you, don't hesitate to look at his tutorials.
    He explains very well how build a "the Edge" sound in some of them.
    Very often, he cuts pretty hard the high and lows with filter , and boost the mids with EQ and/or FET boost.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Morphosis View Post
    Hi guys,

searching for some Edge-presets and stumble over this thread. Funny, because i am one of the creator and be the publisher of the "Axe-Fest Germany 2014 Cab Pack" Nice to see, some of you like it, especially the AC30 IRs. I mostly prefer the TLM103 over the SM57. It was an awesome party doing these IRs and comparing the results with the Axe-Fx to the original AC30. (by the way: not "AC30 blues, blue (!) - refering to he Celestion Blue Dogs with original VOX labels on the back of the speakers)

Anyhow, my question: You`re refering often to the "Aye Cee 30 patch" to combine with the IRs from our Cab Pack. Where can i find this?

Tried the "Streets" Preset from Michael, but FW10.x is out dated. Have more success with the streets patch from Toopy14 (http://forum.u2guitartutorials.com/s...preamp-(v17-0)).

Anyhow: I have a strat and a MM silhouette special (would like to use this, but strat for reference) and have problems to get rid of the harsh highness and tried to get more of those (higher) mids. Tried the SDD preamp, the Class-A30 (instead of TB), but i just don`t feel i am there. So, some tips & tricks for me? For me it`s hard to get this crunchy Chunck, when picking the string (streets), but not to much distortion overall. I read all those plectrum and picking issues - seems to be a big part.

Did Edge use a compressor in front? To get more pick attack? EQing in front of the Amp? Any suggestion will be appreciated!

Thanks in advance
    The aye cee 30 preset dissappeared from the standard fractal preset lists after, i think it was fw15 or 16. Anyway, we "saved" it , as we thought it compared to edges sound quite good. Then your ir came along and fitted so great with the aye cee 30 preset it became the base preset to make u2 sounds. Now the sdd pre amp model came along, its getter better and more alike (like toopy's streets for example). But thats the history of the preset. I think it is still around on this forum, as i posted it ;-)))) . Just search for it. If not, i'll post again.

Add your ir with it and hold your breath, lol. Add maybe a eq with extra mids, the sdd pre-amp and you have a great preset to create u2 sounds with.

What pu's does your strat(s) have? Edge (is what i believe) has low output pu's, plays softly and the fx will do the rest of the sounds.

And, lastly, welcome!

Blog Entries
    Welcome Morphosis, great to have you on the forum and thanks for the contributions of the IR's! As Jacque said, search the forum (top right) for the preset and if you cannot find it, just ask again here and I'm sure one of the Axe owners will share it with you no problem.

Certainly using a blue herdim pick will help the sound. The harsh highs could be somewhat related to your pickups - do you know what pups your strat has?
    My Gear : Fender Strat // Tokai Love Rock LP // Epiphone Explorer Korina // Taylor 814ce (2014) Acoustic // Roland HP107 Piano // Line 6 Pod HD500 // Korg A3 // Presonus Firestudio Mobile // iMac 3.06Ghz Core 2 Duo 8GB // M-Audio AV40 Monitor Speakers // Vox AC4TV

"Everybody’s going to remember your songs, it’s just that nobody’s gonna be able to play them" - Bob Dylan talking to Edge

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacques View Post
    Add maybe a eq with extra mids...
    Jacques, if you recall, the Aye Cee 30 preset already has an EQ block in it, with the mids boosted.

Here's the patch;

Aye Cee 30.syx

Morphosis, welcome to the group and thanks for all your hard work on the IR's!!! Probably kept me from selling my Axe-Fx. All those presets I built are based on the Aye Cee 30 patch Jacques introduced us to and your IR, Vox AC30 Blue SM57 N loaded into User Slot 005...in my patches anyway.

For my setup, both when I use the Aye Cee 30 preset with headphones and when I use my AC30, I stick the CS-2 at the start of the chain. I have the level set at unity, so there's no volume increase and the sustain and attack are set about 12 o'clock. Just smooths things out for me, I'm not the most consistent when it comes to strumming and picking. :-)

IMG_0486.jpg

Edge has a CS-2, which most claim is for slide parts, but he also has the DM4, which most spotters seem to think he uses the Boost/Comp option quite a bit. Whether it's on for all or most of the songs, we'll never know. Of course, in the early days, the Dynacomp was a mainstay in his rig.

Morphosis, try lowering your pickups on the high-E side. Just lower them a quarter turn of the screw at a time and check the tone each time. The tone should get less harsh the lower you go. If you want a bit more mids, raise the low-E side a bit. The best and least expensive tone tweak, is the height of the pick-ups!

CS-69's or Kinman Woodstock Regulars are also a great option for Edge-like tone. I have both sets and they sound great!

Tony (Toopy14)
    Last edited by Toopy14; 12-18-2014 at 05:00 PM.

Hi! Thank you all for your warm welcome greetz and your suggestions. I`ve got a "Part-o-Caster" with Classic Vibe 60 Pickups, Rosewood Fingerboard. IMHO the Pickups are great and similiar (IMHO) to the CS69 as you can hear here "Quack Position": minute 1.46 - 2.02. (CS69 are NOT middle reversed if i remember correct, what will make a difference for quack position...hmm...). IMHO those classic vibe Pickups (Toneriders?) are totally underrated! I will for sure not have the ambitions to copy Edge 1:1, but well ... we play Axe-Fx .. so trying to get close is goal. Because i also feel the RAW Guitar sound is at least so much key as the delay lines...

Thanks for posting the Aye Cee patch. I will check it out, also the sustainer with some Axe-Fx Comp Pedal1/2 tweaking and try to get "my" version. I think i try some EQ before the Amp to match more of the guitar voice (because i won`t raise / lower pickups, the strat i like as it is and i won`t voice it particular to a "The Edge Strat" - so, EQ must do it ) and perhaps some EQ after the Cab, I´ll see.... if i find something, what i like i will let you know guys with s short sondsample and preset...

I know the videos from Michael for years, and damn ... he is mostly very (VERY) spot on! Wow!

Thanks so much again! It`s an honor, that some of you guys prefer the AC30 IRs, we`ve made in April ... cool!

... (also: Hi manu68, welcome to axefx.de )
    Last edited by Morphosis; 12-18-2014 at 11:38 PM.
    Founder of www.axefx.de - the german Axe-Fx community
    Founder of www.cabIR.eu - fine impulse responses

is anyone able to share these IR's

the original thread seems to have vanished

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345