Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: free download ac30 blue ir at fractal forum (axe fx2,xl and utra/standard)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by manu68 View Post
    No Jacques.
    I juste have them along others in my user's can IR.
    I use mainly a UR IR mix, but i am always trying.

I will check them again
    Yes, do so manu. I am curious what you find out

Hi.
    Here are two presets ISHFWILF, both with the SN57 Ultra res. no additional mic (Aye cee has cond 67 stock)
    This UR is the one I like the most from this package.

One preset is with the amp from Aye cee 30, and the other one is the same effect with my curent "amp base tone".
    Firmware 15.07
    (I have my sdd clone info the loop. You can replace it with a fet boost)
    Set the output volume as you like

Give it a try and let me know.
    Personally, I like this aye cee 30 preset too. I will look at it again !
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by manu68; 09-03-2014 at 07:42 PM.

Blog Entries
    Trying to set my levels for my amp and headphones so that they are relatively the same. Don't like that the headphone jack is tied to the output level.

Does the level control in the amp block only control 'listening' volume level, like on a pedal? In other words, it will lower the volume but not affect the characteristics of the amp block?

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Toopy14 View Post
    Trying to set my levels for my amp and headphones so that they are relatively the same. Don't like that the headphone jack is tied to the output level.

Does the level control in the amp block only control 'listening' volume level, like on a pedal? In other words, it will lower the volume but not affect the characteristics of the amp block?

Thanks
    I think "master volume" does that tony, change volume , but keep character intact.

Blog Entries
    Just tried the aye cee with "new" cabs. There are two i like, the sm57 and tlm103 . The core sound of aye cee (u024) still sounds great. Its not that one cab overrules others, they all sound very good, with own character. I did some xy swap-sound-test. Nice feature. The sm57 ultrahires cab seems indeed more sharp, but also more spacious compared to the original, more overdriven cab that came with the aye cee.

I do notice the u024 (cabs with blues, std on aye cee) is hires, whilst the others are ultrahires.

My conclusion stays: this preset is an awesome base preset to built u2 presets on.

@manu: i'll have a go with those presets.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacques View Post
    I think "master volume" does that tony, change volume , but keep character intact.
    Go figure...works like a real amp. Didn't even see that knob! lol

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacques View Post
    Jacques, I had a read through the section on amp parameters in the manual. Turns out it's not the Master Volume that controls only the volume.

"MASTER VOLUME – The almighty Master Volume is a very important control. It determines the distortion and dynamics characteristics of the power amp simulator, and its setting is key to an amp’s sound. As the Master is turned up, the entire character of the amp will change."

I think this is the level control I was referring to...I have to check.

OUTPUT LEVEL – This is a copy of the LEVEL control on the MIX page for easy volume adjustment without page turning. This only affects volume. It has no effect on tone! For many people, this is the “go to” parameter for setting the output level of a preset.

Blog Entries
    Do they refer to a "button/turn knob" on the amp block, or the output knob on the front of the axe?

It is the level control which set the volume of the amp bloc without changing character.
    The level depends on what you have into the loop , headphone or not, and of course other FX.
    In Axe FX manual, it is said that the AC30 Master should be on 10, as the AC30 has no master volume , and depth on 0 because no negative feedback.

You can also go to OUTPUT block and level your volume there (then for the entire preset).
    Some people think that it is better to reduce gain in OUTPUT block in order to have the output knob higher on the Axe FX panel (12'oclock instead 9 o'clock for example).

Just try.
    Last edited by manu68; 09-04-2014 at 08:05 AM.

Just in case.

You have read the "story behind the preset" which comes with the pack , isn't it ??
    (Just read it today ! )
    There is a AC30 preset provided, with comments

---------------------- Vox AC30 --------------------------

This Preset represent the following comparison:

Guitar -> Vox AC30, loaded with 2x12" Celestions Blue "Bulldog" Speakers vs. Guitar -> Axe-Fx II "Class-A 30W" X/Y "Class-A 30W TB" through Matrix Q12a.
    Our User Pacosipulami knows a lot of AC30`s, because he makes his living with repairing Amps! He stated, that this Exemplar was one of the best AC30`s, he ever played through.
    Switching just the guitar cable between the actual Amp and the Axe-Rig, we cannot believe it, but we heard it: No (NO!) difference in the "amp-in-the-room" area. Also soundwise/frequency wise, both Rigs sound damn close! We prefer again a combination of two IRs: "Vox AC30 Blue TLM103 N" + "Vox AC30 Blue AT2035 R". The "Vox AC30 Blue MIX N+R" IR in this package represent this mix.

You want a clean AC30? Keep the Input Drive there, where the Input drive (= Volume on the Amp) is on the actual amp: slightly under 9 o`clock! Raise instead the Amp-Sim Volume!
    You want grid and dirt and gain on the real Amp? We raised the Volume to 12 o`clock. It was DAMN LOUD and the actual Amp was everything, but NOT CLEAN! Exactly like the Axe-Fx!

Conclusion: The "right" Cab IR and therefor the "best" matching FRFR Speaker can emulate the real-deal soundwise AND feel-wise very well! This was our experience. Nothing more. Nothing less. Yeah!
    So, try it out for yourself: Put the "Vox AC30 Blue MIX N+R" IR in the Cab Block and rock on! If it`s too bright, raise a bit the Hi-Cut (ca. 10 o`clock). Nothing more to do to match the real deal.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast