Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: free download ac30 blue ir at fractal forum (axe fx2,xl and utra/standard)

Blog Entries

free download ac30 blue ir at fractal forum (axe fx2,xl and utra/standard)

Check this out, just a heads up for a free IR of a ac30:

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-fx...rares-wav.html

Mind you; its a gift these IR's. Listen to the demo's of the ac30 cab, its really good. The pictures show how the different mics are placed.
    You should be able with cab lab to blend two together, but i am not sure edge does (eg, use/record with both mic shure sm57 and condenser x at the same time). When I understand more about ir i might give that a try.

I def want to test these with the "aye cee 30" preset and see how they sound!!

I have them for a while.
    It is like all IR. Very good, but it depends on your guitar, your monitors, ...
    Every mic brings a special flavor

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by manu68 View Post
    I have them for a while.
    It is like all IR. Very good, but it depends on your guitar, your monitors, ...
    Every mic brings a special flavor
    Did you try it with the aye cee preset?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacques View Post
    Did you try it with the aye cee preset?
    Jacques, I tried the UltraRes Vox AC30 Blue SM57 N cab. It sounds good, but in my opinion, I like the cab that came with the Aye Cee 30 patch better.

Tony

Blog Entries
    Actually, I just tried the UltraRes Vox AC30 Blue SM57 N cab again and it does sound really good. I think the only difference is that it has a bit more treble than the default Aye Cee 30 cab...sounds a little closer to your patch.

I think the Aye Cee 30 patch has a bit more mids too it. Reminds me more of the Slane Castle tone. The UltraRes Vox AC30 Blue SM57 N cab with the Aye Cee 30 patch reminds me more of the tone in recent concerts.

Bottom line, they both sound damn good! You definitely get that "finally, this is it" feeling when you listen to either one.

Tony

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Toopy14 View Post
    Actually, I just tried the UltraRes Vox AC30 Blue SM57 N cab again and it does sound really good. I think the only difference is that it has a bit more treble than the default Aye Cee 30 cab...sounds a little closer to your patch.

I think the Aye Cee 30 patch has a bit more mids too it. Reminds me more of the Slane Castle tone. The UltraRes Vox AC30 Blue SM57 N cab with the Aye Cee 30 patch reminds me more of the tone in recent concerts.

Bottom line, they both sound damn good! You definitely get that "finally, this is it" feeling when you listen to either one.

Tony
    Life is good aint it?

That would give us a core preset for loads of tones.

I will have a go this evening, i am also curious how the condenser mics sound. That said, the sm57 would be on top of my list aswell.

I'll report back

Blog Entries
    Absolutely. I was using the Aye Cee 30 model with that cab. and just by changing delay times and OD's, I was rifling through a whole series of songs with my Explorer and Strat.

Tripped up on how scenes worked for a moment. I was thinking you can add/remove blocks from scene to scene then I remembered you can only engage or bypass the block from scene to scene. Couldn't figure out why when I changed the effect in the block in once scene it followed me to another scene. :-)

One question I had though. That cab was created in Cablab with the SM57 in it, correct? So that means under the mic. section, in the cab block, you should select none?
    Last edited by Toopy14; 09-03-2014 at 05:39 PM.

No Jacques.
    I juste have them along others in my user's can IR.
    I use mainly a UR IR mix, but i am always trying.

I will check them again

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Toopy14 View Post
    Absolutely. I was using the Aye Cee 30 model with that cab. and just by changing delay times and OD's, I was rifling through a whole series of songs with my Explorer and Strat.

Tripped up on how scenes worked for a moment. I was thinking you can add/remove blocks from scene to scene then I remembered you can only engage or bypass the block from scene to scene. Couldn't figure out why when I changed the effect in the block in once scene it followed me to another scene. :-)

One question I had though. That cab was created in Cablab with the SM57 in it, correct? So that means under the mic. section, in the cab block, you should select none?
    Yes, that would be my guess to. But in this world there are no rules (some made pink floyd presets with double verb in stead of hiwatts, and , like micheal, i like the bb pre drive block for u2).

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacques View Post
    ...like micheal, i like the bb pre drive block for u2).
    I saw that in one of Michael's presets. Great sounding OD...I like it a lot as well.

This is a demo of the pedal the BB pre drive block is modelled after;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wriynGui7EY

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast