Thread: 11 O'clock Tick Tock patch needed!

11 O'clock Tick Tock patch needed!

Fellas

Does anyone have a good sound on this song? I've searched around and I"m surprised to find that one's not posted. Mick on youtube did an incredible job with the song, but I don't think he used a AXE-FX unit. Any help with the sound/patch would be very much appreciated!

Thanks
    Greg

I'm only guessing here but maybe just delay with mod and some tweaking with eq?

edit-

And a humbucker guitar. Edge uses the explorer at red rocks. This version, it sounds like a fairly strong mod on the delay.
    Last edited by budgetedge; 08-16-2014 at 07:43 PM.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3JFc_VuZ40

I Search the comments section of this and it looks like the delay is at 416 ms. Also, looks as though the pickups are Woodstocks regular pups.

This is just the same sound as any 80s song, not a big secret. A light OD or a boosted AC30, humbuckers, delay with mod at 210-220ms. That's it. You could use a Strat too if you want.

Quote Originally Posted by dtc View Post
    This is just the same sound as any 80s song, not a big secret. A light OD or a boosted AC30, humbuckers, delay with mod at 210-220ms. That's it. You could use a Strat too if you want.

Very true but still a hard tone to get in a studio/home environment. Easier to do with a blasting vox amp in a neighbourfree place
    And yes, you can get away with using a strat as this guy proves:

I wonder how he switches this up like this and sound almost identical to the explorer...
    Last edited by Explorer32; 08-16-2014 at 09:14 PM.

I agree with dtc on this one. 11 O'Clock Tick Tock is The Edge's 'slapback' delay at 225ms. You could probably just set up a nice TS9 or SD-1 emulation with whatever AC30 sim setting most of the guys are using and done.

For me the mxr dst+ model on my gt8 (or my guyatone zoom clone) or yat sonera boost from my fa1 clone to drive the amp seem to get close to these early tones.

Sent from my GT-I9070 using Tapatalk 2

Hi this is my first participation on the forum,
    As an apprentice with my axe fx , I d like to reproduce and find a basic sound patch for songs as in "under a blood red sky", also the first U2 album I ve been ministering to ...
    Need your help , advices for it
    Thanks!!!
    Fabrice