Thread: UTEOTW - first time recording with axe-fx

UTEOTW - first time recording with axe-fx

Hi Everyone,

This is my first time recording.
    I would like to hear your input about the tone.

Thanks - Reza

Last edited by thinknolimitz; 05-03-2014 at 04:43 PM.

Blog Entries
    Other than Bono's voice being a bit low in the mix, the tone is HUGE! Sounds great! Your playing is damn good too! Great job.

The only part that might need a bit of work, in terms of tone, are the harmonics...sound a bit too over-driven.

I would love to hear the details on this one, maybe even take a look at your Axe-Fx preset(s), if you don't mind sharing.

Thanks for sharing! I thoroughly enjoyed listening to it.

Tony

Hey man good effort

I think the Axe sounds pretty good for a digital amp emulator. You've got a nice drive tone. Sticking to your request for input on the tone may I suggest considering a little more use of dynamics around your pick attack, hard and soft. This can have an effect on tone. For example the first verse could be played with less picking attack to add dynamic and buildup.

Bit off topic but Bono makes me cringe at the end, seems a little off with the nah nah nah bits.
    Patrick
    Fender Strat MIM HSS Floyd customized | Gibson Les Paul Standard | Gibson SG Special | VOX AC30C2 | Fender Deluxe White Lightning | Marshall JCM 2000 TSL | M13 + Pedal Board | Apogee Jam --> MacBookPro --> Logic Express

@Toopy14, @Dubeus...thanks!
    Good point...never thought about it, will try later

There were couple error when I play and was a bit lost control when I heard the nah nah nah bits and also the drums, seems not in sync.

This is the preset link http://axechange.fractalaudio.com/de...hp?preset=2418 ...but I am still working on it.

About the soundcloud upload, I heard the tone is a bit softer than my original file
    Last edited by thinknolimitz; 05-04-2014 at 04:27 AM.

Awesome Job, Tone sounds really good and your playing is very good too. Did you use the both channels of the Axe into the recording (Stereo), could explain the Big guitar sound. As the others said just some minor adjustments with pick attack and such but really nice job overall, Congrats Soundcloud allways compresses the crap out of all my recordings.

Vic

Thanks Vic.
    Yes, I use both channels and recording in stereo. I use Fender with SD Hot Rails and Custom Stack Plus.

Did I answer your question?
    Please let me know...and sorry for my English, not native.

Reza

Yes, Your written English is good That Sounds really good with the Stack Plus, almost had me thinking Les Paul for a moment. I'll have to try a Stereo Recording with the Axe on something. I did it using the M13 once and really liked it.

Vic

Yes, try it stereo recording with Axe, it is better.
    Never use M13, but ever use HD500...you can check my other track at soundcloud, it was with JB Jr. and Duckbucker...and I still can't get that tone with Stack Plus and Axe-Fx

Reza