Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Love Is Blindness - Quick acoustic cover

Blog Entries

Love Is Blindness - Quick acoustic cover

I haven't touched a guitar for a while and my last project was weeks and weeks of mixing... so after re-watching From The Sky Down today, I decided to record something very quickly without the endless perfection seeking playing, re-recording, mixing saga. So this is a very quick and dirty recording I made tonight of the great finale to Achtung Baby which in my humble opinion is a very under-rated song. Ignore the bad singing... I can't sing and can only pretend to sing when it's in my key/range ;-)

My Gear : Fender Strat // Tokai Love Rock LP // Epiphone Explorer Korina // Taylor 814ce (2014) Acoustic // Roland HP107 Piano // Line 6 Pod HD500 // Korg A3 // Presonus Firestudio Mobile // iMac 3.06Ghz Core 2 Duo 8GB // M-Audio AV40 Monitor Speakers // Vox AC4TV

"Everybody’s going to remember your songs, it’s just that nobody’s gonna be able to play them" - Bob Dylan talking to Edge

Great job, sounds really good. I think I prefer the acoustic version better.. Did you record the guitar and vocals separately or at the same time?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sounds fantastic tim. it gives the song a fresh new feel. great playing and great singing too.
    what a powerful song. strong and timeless.

Great cover Tim, really impressive. Playing is flawless and you have a pleasant singing voice.
    Well done!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I9105P met Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Thanks guys you are too kind. Listening back today and vocals certainly needed more time! They were done in one take and plenty of out of tune notes! Normally I would have spent hours repeating several segments and stealing the best bits but this wasn't the objective.

edgemc3, I sang some "placement" lyrics whilst recording the guitar track but these got binned and overwritten with a one take final vocal track. I find the picking on this too complex to sing at the same time. The timing of the lyrics is not always aligned to the picking and it is hard. Edge does this flawlessly of course grrr!
    My Gear : Fender Strat // Tokai Love Rock LP // Epiphone Explorer Korina // Taylor 814ce (2014) Acoustic // Roland HP107 Piano // Line 6 Pod HD500 // Korg A3 // Presonus Firestudio Mobile // iMac 3.06Ghz Core 2 Duo 8GB // M-Audio AV40 Monitor Speakers // Vox AC4TV

"Everybody’s going to remember your songs, it’s just that nobody’s gonna be able to play them" - Bob Dylan talking to Edge

Cool man!! that was real, it had feeling, high five!

Sounds really good Tim
    Left handed man.

Blog Entries
    Hey Tim, how about a tutorial on the picking... I can't hack tabs!

Sounds great Tim, great picking there!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by simonp54 View Post
    Hey Tim, how about a tutorial on the picking... I can't hack tabs!
    Hey Simon, yep I can do a quick video on how I play it. I think it's pretty close and is based on some of the tabs on the forum plus watching and listening to FTSD. But as you say, it's hard to translate from tab to actual picking speed and movement so a video would help. I'm away on business till Thursday but will defo do one ready for the weekend.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast