Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 747 sound

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TooTone76 View Post
    It might make sense to have two Whammy pedals. One set with "+1 Octave" and the other set with "+2 Octaves

As the WH-1 is next to the chrome wah and Fuzz Face (other elements of the 747 tone); I think that the one to Edge's right is just for the 747 tone.

Quote Originally Posted by TooTone76 View Post
    Edge isn't getting any younger, and having to bend down to keep changing it might do his back in.
    Nah, that is what Dallas is paid for.

In this version of HMTMKMKM, there's a huge sweep up at the very end that sounds like way more than an octave, which is the setting he used in the rest of the song. Maybe he used the second whammy for that (1st one is 1 octave up, 2nd one would be 1 or two more on top of that?)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Clayh View Post
    In this version of HMTMKMKM, there's a huge sweep up at the very end that sounds like way more than an octave, which is the setting he used in the rest of the song. Maybe he used the second whammy for that (1st one is 1 octave up, 2nd one would be 1 or two more on top of that?)
    You could be right...I don't know. When I listen right at the end I can hear harmonic amp feedback, and think the whammy is operating on that. When you've got feedback going like that you can tap the strings at the string halfway point (tap the 12th fret above wherever you're left hand is fretting) and an octave harmonic will "take over". You can also tap the quarter point (roughly seven frets higher up from the fretted note - you'll have to experiment) and get the next octave up. While these harmonics are ringing out, you can then bend the string heavily from it's fretted point (left hand) and the harmonic will go into orbit. Add controlled, slow sweep Whammy to all this and Bingo!! you got some weird effects like the end of the song. You need bags of distortion and feedback/sustain though.

@4:12 Dallas uses the second Whammy for 'Gone' and later for 'Mofo'. E_O's right! "Sounds like a f***ing bagpipe from hell!"

Also, it doesn't sound like Gone has as much delay as Mofo to me. There's still delay, but not as much feedback. And I can't figure out if it's a dotted 8th delay or quarter note delay.
    Last edited by Clayh; 01-10-2012 at 05:40 AM.

Lightbulb my 747 sound work in progress

for guitar rig 5

Cheers
    Attached Files Attached Files

lol brendan you are a patch machine, I can't keep up

feedback please.
    Sgrain

Settings:
    overdrive dst
    user
    type r-Man
    drive 100
    bass 50
    treble 30
    Level 100

REverb
    1 reverb from fender amp
    1 from gt6
    hall2
    2,3s
    pre delay 30ms
    low cut 165 hz
    hig cut 4,00 hz
    density 10
    level 100

DElay
    user
    single
    432 ms
    feedback 30
    hig cut Flat
    level 70

FX1
    Feedbacker
    user
    Mode OSC
    rise time 100
    rise time up 85
    level 100
    level up 30
    vib rate 85
    vib depth 8

FX2
    Pedal Bend
    user
    pitch min 0
    pitch Max +12
    pdl position 0
    level 100
    direct level 0

Sgrain man you are GOOD with that GT!!!!!!!!!

Need to try that on my Boss GT!! thanks for the detailed post of setting, much appreciated

sounds good! Do you have +24 pitch shift on that thing? I'm only asking because I think it's spposed to be +2 octaves, and played lower on the neck. Your tone's good though.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123