Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UV - Joe's feeble take on it ...with some twists

UV - Joe's feeble take on it ...with some twists

Love this song. Always loved it. From the very first time, I listened to AB. It was a huge gift to me (and millions of others), when they played it again on the 360tour.

This is more an interpretation than a cover. Couple of twists build in there:

I choose the structure of the Kindergarten Version, ie. the intro becomes the 2nd bridge. Makes much more sense to me. (You can hear the same structure in the remix of lady with the spinning head, which was partly one of the predecessors of that song.)

I played around with a mixture of the heavy fuzz of the 360tour and the clean tremolo of the Kindergarten version. Ended up with having neither of those (lol), but still kindo like it.

I love the subtle, chimey lead guitar of the Kindergarten version, which I tried to emulate here.

Absolutely love the Zoo-TV bridge, so that was a must.

Vocally, more based on the 360 version.

comments - good or bad - are very welcome and highly appreciated.

http://youtu.be/YG8JiWTLqvg

Nice take on this amazing song! Nice one Joe, i love the way you've got all the different versions into one cover, i've always preferred the Kindergarten version myself so nice to hear someone do a sort of version of it. Keep up the good work and i look forward to listening to more covers by you in the future.
    The Edge is god, Bonos just a decoy!

I like your take on the song very much! You are a very talented man Joe, no doubt.
    You had some trouble hitting the high notes here and there but all together another great cover, makes you wonder when the next t-shirt competition is coming

One more great video !!
    You looks great in Violet I would even say "ultra violet" .

Well done !!!!!

Hey, Joe! Amazing as always! Your singing is on top and your playing also. If there's something critical to mention then it's the Fuzz. I think it would take more effect if you have have some parts in the song without the Fuzz. IMHO it has to much wheight in your rendition. But that's my own taste.
    It's a great idea to mix the different versions and you gave the song a special touch.
    "It´s a musical journey!" (Larry)

Joe, What can I say, Kickass for sure. I love your originality with the arrangement, really shows your talent along with your awsome singing skills and not to mention playing skills as well. I love this song as well and really like hearing different takes on songs like this, it is truly refreshing to hear. In my opinion as long as the song keeps its core notes, it's open season on whatever you decide to add or change. Congrats Man

Vic

I like your humble covers.
    Left handed man.

Blog Entries
    great cover - love the interpretation, this is also one of my favourite songs

I like the chimey strat - as that's how I prefer to play it, pretty much the same settings as streets with a tube screamer for the heavier chords

keep them coming our one man U2 cover machine!

happy Christmas
    --
    Rewddog - AxeFX2 Presets and Cabs available at Fractal Audio Axechange - Rewddog
    https://soundcloud.com/rewddog

Blog Entries
    Wow--that's a pretty epic cover, Joe I'd never heard the Kindergarten version before, but I really like the fuzzy tremolo, and the visual effects--very cool twist on one of my favorite U2 songs. Singing is great as always. look forward to hearing your next project!
    --Brandon

thx very much for your kind comments guys. this song is not easy for me to sing, but i really like the higher nuances, bono introduced in the 360tour. agree with the fuzz comment bonjek, i guess i got trapped a bit while recording lol.

geeez, just saw raoni's take on this. wow, those guys kick some ass.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast