Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Streets - Alternative Piano Cover

Blog Entries

Cool Streets - Alternative Piano Cover

Played my piano for the first time in over 9 months a few days ago. I was mucking about with simple arpeggio chords and hit a version of a D chord that I liked, followed by a G. I realised that was the opening for Streets and this cover was quickly born.

Piano is played on a Roland HP-107 digital piano. Shimmer is a Fender Strat into HD500 with a basic particle verb patch at 100% mix, into a Joyo American pedal (Fender amp sim). I'm singing as I enjoy it, not because I'm good at it haha.

So something a bit different for you to enjoy. Comments much appreciated.

My Gear : Fender Strat // Tokai Love Rock LP // Epiphone Explorer Korina // Taylor 814ce (2014) Acoustic // Roland HP107 Piano // Line 6 Pod HD500 // Korg A3 // Presonus Firestudio Mobile // iMac 3.06Ghz Core 2 Duo 8GB // M-Audio AV40 Monitor Speakers // Vox AC4TV

"Everybody’s going to remember your songs, it’s just that nobody’s gonna be able to play them" - Bob Dylan talking to Edge

thoroughly enjoyed that. great chilled out version of one of the greatest songs of all time.
    i politely disagree: you are very good at singing.

what a nice way to start the day. thx for sharing.

Hey Tim, very impressive. Great version you did there. I really enjoyed it. Good point to start the day. And it's another good example for the amazing wideness of U2's songwriting. Thanks for that!

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9300 mit Tapatalk
    "It´s a musical journey!" (Larry)

Brilliant Tim.
    A other one after your covers in Ibbenbüren.
    It is what I call music. You are talented, and your singing is very good too.

I want more !!!!!

Sounds great Tim, really great! And you can sing a bit too! You've kept it so simple, that adds to it I think. And the piano part doesn't echo the main arpeggio, which I like - it would have been easy to just play that, but you rearranged it.

There's another singer for next year anyway haha

Darren

Very nice and peacefull. Thanks for sharing Tim !

Blog Entries
    Thanks for all the comments guys. I really enjoyed working this one out, recording it and trying some newly learned mixing techniques on it. Glad you liked it.
    My Gear : Fender Strat // Tokai Love Rock LP // Epiphone Explorer Korina // Taylor 814ce (2014) Acoustic // Roland HP107 Piano // Line 6 Pod HD500 // Korg A3 // Presonus Firestudio Mobile // iMac 3.06Ghz Core 2 Duo 8GB // M-Audio AV40 Monitor Speakers // Vox AC4TV

"Everybody’s going to remember your songs, it’s just that nobody’s gonna be able to play them" - Bob Dylan talking to Edge

The bar just keeps getting higher! beautiful work T!

Far from the powerful live versions, it's the same great song you've managed to magnify in a sweet sweet way. I like it very much.
    Thanks for sharing and congrats for the whole amazing work.
    IGC, Streets... You're definitely the "alternative version" guy

Blog Entries
    I like your more meditative take on Streets, Tim--very cool rendition have you thought about doing more piano covers in the future?
    --Brandon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast