Thread: FloPro's With or Without You - Jam Night

FloPro's With or Without You - Jam Night

Took my Korg A3 down to a local jam night, was just going to show my mate (also into U2) a few presets but we ended up playing a full song, this is the first time i've played with a full band and the first time i've played in front of anyone other than family/close friends. Didn't have an eBow on me, vocals aren't too good and some parts are a bit meh. We've never played together either, was just a jam night so anyone could get up. Thought i'd just share it here, any comments would be nice.

The Edge is god, Bonos just a decoy!

You had fun!
    That's all that is really important !
    Thanks for sharing

for an improv and your first time live I think this is awesome well done and the singer sounds ok too is she reading her sms messages halfway through or looking up the words?

Great stuff. So you guys just decided to play this and went for it? Kudo's for that!!
    Not the easiest song to do i think especially with a singer who's checking her facebook mid song just kidding, she's great!
    Again, great stuff!

Thanks guys, she's looking up the lyrics on her phone haha (even though she repeated the first two lines) her voice doesn't suit the song but she does the job i was going to sing myself but lack of beer was a problem hehe! Already been talking to the bass player (loves U2 as much as i) and were seeing what songs we could maybe do next week. I think we'll do WOWY again but with the eBow beginning and R&R/ZooTV for outro. Trying to think of a U2 song that's good but has a simple drum beat, we were thinking Streets but for a drummer who's never really heard U2 it's very hard.

Thanks again guys, also what did you think of my tone? Not the right guitar for the song no AC30 but not too bad ay?

Blog Entries
    Nice jam sesh - excellent for a first try

Wowy is a difficult vocal song to try and your improv without elbow was great

Try all I want is you or Sunday Bloody Sunday for easier drum beats
    --
    Rewddog - AxeFX2 Presets and Cabs available at Fractal Audio Axechange - Rewddog
    https://soundcloud.com/rewddog

Blog Entries
    with only an A3? Tone sounds great to me--what kind of guitar did you use, flopro? Nice job on the impromptu performance--never had the b*lls to play in front of others, myself
    --Brandon

Sleepyrnr, yep just an A3 and one of the amps they had there. Not sure what guitar it was, i all i know is that it was a fender that had seymour duncan humbuckers in it, doesn't sound too bad actually nice guitar. I only got up because my friend kept on nudging me to get up and have a play!

Congratulations, you all were great, considering the way it happened.
    Your tones are very good IMO, not 100% Edge of course but very good.
    Keep on !