Thread: With or Without You Cover

Hi Bill, That sounds really good! What did you use for shimmer? It sounds like you've had lots of practice with the Ebow. Kudos!

With or Without You Cover

Here is my cover of With or Without You.

Gear used/path was Ebow, Fender Stratocaster w/Kinman Woodstock pickups -> Boss DS1 -> Eventide Timefactor -> Blackstar HT1 amplifier -> Behringer Xenyx mixer - > Zoom Q3 HD Camera.

Thanks,

Bill

Last edited by BillJu; 12-15-2011 at 01:08 PM.

Thanks Craig,

I didn't add anything for shimmer, it's actually on the backing track so it wasn't necessary for me to add my own. If I did have to add shimmer, I would have used the Octo setting on the Verbzilla or M13.

Hope that helps.

Bill

Nice cover, this is what im trying to learn at the moment! Is it possible to send me that backing track billju?

Thank you. I can send you the backing track but need your email. Either post it here or send me a PM.

Bill

Bill,

Pretty good, especially the eBow. And you do it with such concentration (in a good way )

You do seem to be pushing the G string on the main riff, which puts it out of tune - I find it very hard to get the whole riff to stay in tune when played in that position, on some guitars more than others even when correctly intonated. Have you tried it on the B and E strings? See 1:35 of this (this is how I play it too):

http://www.youtube.com/user/u2john31.../0/i8fjb3gmEWc

Also, the strumming on the high D chord.

I'm sure you know these things

Darren

Thanks for the feedback and I agree.

This song is hard enough to get to sound correct even with proper intonation, let alone with me pushing a string out of tune!

I'm using .11's and it's just a technique issue I need to sort out if I decide to record it again.