Thread: Vox AC15C1X

Blog Entries

Vox AC15C1X

Oh man, fighting the urge to buy this AC15 with the Celestion Blue speaker. GC, MF and others are having a Columbus Day sale here in the US and I can get one for $679 US (regularly $799).

Angel says - you don't play well enough to justify it now, wait until next year
    Devil says - but it's a limited run and it will sound great and you can pay it off over 12 months with no interest

Decisions!!!

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by mforester View Post
    Oh man, fighting the urge to buy this AC15 with the Celestion Blue speaker. GC, MF and others are having a Columbus Day sale here in the US and I can get one for $679 US (regularly $799).

Angel says - you don't play well enough to justify it now, wait until next year
    Devil says - but it's a limited run and it will sound great and you can pay it off over 12 months with no interest

Decisions!!!

My moto is you only live once :-)

Blog Entries
    I bought a 15C1 (£400) and swapped the speaker for a Blue (£200). Sounds amazing. And I got £50 for the old cone on ebay

I'm looking into the ac15c2 twin. There is a retailer on ebay who auctions them for a little over $500. I'ts got two cellestion Greenbacks which I was going to swap out for either two blues or a blue and silver combination. still, Its a lot of money. I have a Marshall Valvestate that I need to move first. U2 through Celestion Greenbacks don't sound good.

Just out of curiousity what is the Tonal difference between the Greenback and the Blue? Is it night and day or just a little more Chime with the Blue. The Greenback in my Ac15c1 seems to sound good to my ears...

Vic

Quote Originally Posted by VIC909B1 View Post
    Just out of curiousity what is the Tonal difference between the Greenback and the Blue? Is it night and day or just a little more Chime with the Blue. The Greenback in my Ac15c1 seems to sound good to my ears...

Vic
    Here's a discussion on the very subject.

http://www.voxamps.com/forum/topic.php?id=4425

I've never played through the "Celestion blues" so can't really compare. My whole rig in general is not set to play edge type tones. My guitar has active circuits which has two settings really, off and distortion so that does't help. I have an old Squire Strat that I have CS54s that I'm going to put in there to replace the stock squire pickups. Also, Right after I registered, My SDD3000 went on the Fritz. It's now in the shop getting a "Cap Job" I'm off to a slow start.