Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pride - my cover

Pride - my cover

Hy Guys,

here is my cover of Pride. The tuning is in D as they play it today. I've found that since the strings are looser, the scratching sound is more profound and the sound is rounder and less sharp then in E. Anyways, GEAR used: My Fender Strat into my delay unit and then into my Vox AC-30. For the distortion part I used the SD1 (since this was edge's main distortion pedal in the 80's). I recorded with a mic in front of my amp. This I mixed with the backing track. No additional modification was made to my sound, just a little reverb was added. Video was recorded afterwards. If you are interested in a video where I play without the backing track, please let me know. Enjoy!

http://youtu.be/be3nLRL7poA

This one's really good. Good work man.
    Hiw did you get the crunchy tone combination of the gain of the VOX AC30 + some boost before it or some overdrive (SD 1 ou Screamer) ?
    Cheers
    Zolaive

Hy zolaive,
    Thanks man!
    It is just guitar, delay and vox. The combination of the playing (try to scratch as Much damped strings along with it, loosen your wrist mike you are playing funk) the modulation on the delay and the fact that i boost my vox with my effects unit (as edge does. This was mentioned in an article with Dallas) are tree important factors. Also the vox settings are obviously crucial... If you want i'll do a sort of "how to create this sound" video...

High,
    I only use amp sims to get my edgy tones and the only way I found to nail that kind of crunchy edgy tone is using a combination of Compressor, Booster, slight overdrive (from the amp sims) SO YES I would be interested in seeeing how it can be done with a real VOX + delay unit !!
    Waiting for your vid man !
    Keep on the good work.
    Cheers
    Zolaive

I'll try to make that video asap

Nice tone, what is your Delay Unit? SDD3000 Korg?

wow. flawless playing and fantastic tone. nice n crispy.
    thx for sharing.

Blog Entries
    Very sweet tone on this and Ultraviolet. Would love to see the Vox settings.

Blog Entries
    Great playing, nice and loose wrist on the strumming, sounds great! Good tone too, my only comment would be (and this is personal preference), slightly too much modulation on the delay for my taste. Interesting comment on the D tuning and the change in scratchy sounds - will have to try that one day
    My Gear : Fender Strat // Tokai Love Rock LP // Epiphone Explorer Korina // Taylor 814ce (2014) Acoustic // Roland HP107 Piano // Line 6 Pod HD500 // Korg A3 // Presonus Firestudio Mobile // iMac 3.06Ghz Core 2 Duo 8GB // M-Audio AV40 Monitor Speakers // Vox AC4TV

"Everybody’s going to remember your songs, it’s just that nobody’s gonna be able to play them" - Bob Dylan talking to Edge

Great video and you are a really talented guitar player.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast