Thread: SBS sound demo (no drives, boosts etc) axe fx2

Blog Entries

SBS sound demo (no drives, boosts etc) axe fx2

Here's my go on SBS, not trying to sound like a particular U2 version, but more my own. I didn't use any drives or boosts, just amp, delay en reverb. I myself like the softer versions more, so this is what came out today. Please ignore the mistakes as usual

Let me know what you think.

BTW: i posted used presets under "presets" .

Jacques,

Sounds pretty decent to me. I think I'm behind you in terms of ability to play songs - I can play individual parts to some songs but struggle to move between the parts seamlessly. I've only been playing for a little over 6 months though and I can play ISHFWILF all the way through (thanks to Micheal's tutorials).

I'll try your preset and practice SBS a bit more. Do you have tab for this? Would save me having to write it down.

One tip I would suggest - use some sound editing software to strip out the gaps in your recording before uploading. (I use Audition because I work for Adobe but I'm sure there are free/cheap alternatives out there). Not suggesting this as a means of deception, just that it will make your recordings sound better.

Bren.

Blog Entries
    I dont have tabs i am afraid. Sbs is one of the first tracks i learned years ago. I hardly play it though, so lost it a bit, but after a few riffs it gets back ;-). I'll look if i can dig something up for you.

Thanks for the tip, it will flow better if the empty spaces are out, but you can also hear me clicking the footcontroller ;-)

But bren, when trying this preset, if you will use a strat in std edge setting, dont put volume and tone at max, but lower them to taste. I used kimans k9 at "tele" setting to get a more modern sbs sound, ehen i used strat setting it was more overdriven in sound, you can if you wish at "amp", first tab lower the used drive with 0.5 steps or so, see if you like it better.

When i listenend to mick's sbs demo i noticed he also doesnt use (a lot of) od or boosts.

Blog Entries
    Bren

Try ultimate guitar

http://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/u/u2...y_ver4_tab.htm

Or

www.u2station.com/tablature/

Some decent tabs for a start
    --
    Rewddog - AxeFX2 Presets and Cabs available at Fractal Audio Axechange - Rewddog
    https://soundcloud.com/rewddog

Thanks Rewdd.