Thread: Out of Control - Tone Feedback

Blog Entries

Out of Control - Tone Feedback

It's a crude recording and the playing is horrible (I still need lots of practice and I definitely won't quit my day job), but I was interested in hearing some thoughts on the tone. I would have recorded the whole song, but the memory card ran out of space. :-)

http://fleming0.flemingc.on.ca/~tfra...of_Control.mp3

Thanks

Tony
    Last edited by Toopy14; 06-15-2013 at 02:11 AM.

My first imopression is that the tone sounds very good. hard to offer any advice on improvements. Sounded very good to me! what gear are you using Tony?

Blog Entries
    Thanks for listening. Gear was Explorer -> M13 (Boost/Comp -> Screamer -> Delay) -> AC30.
    Last edited by Toopy14; 06-15-2013 at 02:46 PM.

Blog Entries
    Tone is good toopy. Dont worry about that. For me this quality of tone would be (far) sufficient. Over THE playing; practice THE song over and over... Thats what i would do. Time is limited,As are my skills, but by practice and more practice i eventually get there (and always regretting i didn't start playing when i was young.. ).

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacques View Post
    Over THE playing; practice THE song over and over...
    Yep, hard to teach an old dog new tricks. I first picked up a guitar, 8 years ago at 41. Like you, I Wish I had started earlier too. I've probably played this song about 50 times, but as with every song, I reach a certain level and I can never get past it. Oh well, maybe in my next life I'll be blessed with musical talent! :-)

Blog Entries
    Lol toopy.

I also usually play / practice songs loads of times, and also sometimes come to a certain point i didn't get any better. Mostly i leave that song a while, trying / learning others songs (other bands) and then give it a new try. If i a clever enough to understand why certain parts dont work, i try to watch YouTube, other edges covers.. That sometimes helpen me out. So trying it later can help, looking AT other helped and so on. Even playing a small setlist of say 5 songs worked.. Nice distration and fingers are warmer up. Dont know. Whilst my list of songs grows which i can Play from start to end, it gets (a little) easier to master THE next... So i just keep on trying ;-))

Very tips Jacques!

Toopy, I agree with Bigtim....the tone sounds good. Thanks for sharing and keep up the good work!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by forresal View Post
    Toopy, I agree with Bigtim....the tone sounds good. Thanks for sharing and keep up the good work!
    Thanks for listening.

I realize there is no BT, so it's hard to tell, but what are the next areas I should focus on, more fluidity in my playing and better timing?

Jacques made a good point, ie. leave the song for a bit. I usually learn a song, play it for a while, then move on and come back to it. I find if I don't, I keep making the same mistakes. If I leave it for a while and listen to different versions, I can hear things I couldn't hear before. I also tend to become less mechanical in my playing because it starts to become more second nature.

I like your Bad playing on this one