Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: bad main riff with explorer and strat with kinmans k9 : sound shoot out

Blog Entries

bad main riff with explorer and strat with kinmans k9 : sound shoot out

I thought this would be nice for you guys. I made a MP3 of BAD main riff (no mutes) to sound like the studio version. Made one a while ago, with an explorer with t-tops. What I've done now is the same, though I also added the same riff using kinmans woodstock k9. The "thing" with k9 is, it doesn't bark, they are additional pickup settings, next to the 5 we all know (actually, we all use position 4 i think, middle/bridge). Anyway. I wanted to do a little game with your ears. Listen to the mp3. It contains 6x the BAD main riff, without the muting (like the studio version). I'll give you the settings in a row, but i want you, if you're in for this, to give me the list in the right order. Ok? Just for fun... but also: nobody is sure what edge used for bad. Some say start, others say tele or lp... Let me just add this to the list ;-)

(1) Strat kinmans "tele" setting (neck and bridge pu)
    (2) Strat kinmans normal edge position 4 middle/bridge setting
    (3) Edge himself with unknown guitar.. 102bpm ;-)
    (4) Strat kinmans with all three pu's on (bridge/middle/neck)
    (5) Strat kinmans with all three pu's on, but pu middle/bridge hotter. More hollow crunchy sound
    (6) Explorer with t-tops.

Just give me your thoughts on the right order my fellow edge's ! Give your ears some experience...

dutchyU2
    3-6-1-5-4-2....?? 1st one def. Edge

listened on crappy laptopspeakers...haha
    Last edited by dutchyU2; 06-10-2013 at 07:10 PM.

No idea! But like Bert says No = the edge, after that I like No 2 and 5 best

Blog Entries
    Too late to listen to this on proper monitors, so will do the blind test tomorrow and let you know!
    My Gear : Fender Strat // Tokai Love Rock LP // Epiphone Explorer Korina // Taylor 814ce (2014) Acoustic // Roland HP107 Piano // Line 6 Pod HD500 // Korg A3 // Presonus Firestudio Mobile // iMac 3.06Ghz Core 2 Duo 8GB // M-Audio AV40 Monitor Speakers // Vox AC4TV

"Everybody’s going to remember your songs, it’s just that nobody’s gonna be able to play them" - Bob Dylan talking to Edge

Blog Entries
    3 6 2 1 4 5. Thats my guess.

Please let us the week end to listen carefully to that

Blog Entries
    Ok manu ;-))

Blog Entries
    3, 6, 5, 4, 2, 1

1, 2, 4, 3, 5, 6
    My Gear: Guitars: The Edge Signature Fender Stratocaster - Yamaha FX310 Acoustic // Muli-effects: Line 6 Pod HD500X - Line 6 UX1 // Amp: Vox AC15C1X - // Pedals: Dirk Hendrik SD3K - JOYO JF-13 AC Tone // Microphone: Carol Sigma Plus1

Blog Entries
    Good to see nobody thinks or heard alike ;-))) will give solution and explanation after THE weekend, thanks sofar guys!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast