Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Edge Haters... Back off!!!

Oh - a discussion based on personal taste? Never seen that before ...

Blog Entries
    Playing a million notes per minute to me is theatricality designed to impress those with lesser experience.

Blog Entries
    Yeah...I mean, sure Malmsteen, Satriani, and those other guys are incredibly talented, but when I listen to their music, I just don't feel anything. Obviously, there are people who do, but I'm not one of them. Nothing wrong w/ liking those guys, but I don't see the point in those stupid pissing contests over which guitarist can play more scales faster while buttering a piece of toast and brushing his teeth. U2's music has always connected with me, and that's why I continue to spend hours trying to unravel the "DNA" of their songs Like the man (not Edge--the other man) said, "the goal is soul."
    --Brandon

I obviously love the songs of U2, and am to this day still intrigued by the enigma that is The Edge and his endless experimenting. I really admire the fact that his playing style thrives on simplicity - as few strings and as few notes as possible. What I like best is his statement that for him, guitar effects are not anything that he "adds on" the guitar, but rather they're a central part of his sound. There's a world of difference in his approach compared to most other guitarists right there.

http://soundcloud.com/starkjo

I love it all. Edge, EVH, Hendrix, Satch, Vai, Schenker, Honeyman Scott, Prince, Emmanuel, ect ect ect. Each has their own unique and delicious flavor, and a great amount of talent. People waste too much time and too much of their own souls spewing negative vibes instead of adhering to the positive energy of "live & let live".

Enjoy what you enjoy, but don't **** on the other cat's parade or put down what he thinks is "best" just because he doesn't dig what you dig. That should be a mantra we all subscribe to...

dutchyU2
    +10000 to this, totally agree

Well put svl!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+1 too.
    One of my biggest guitar schock has occured when I bought I long time ago the album from Satriani (totally unknown at that time) "Surfing with the aliens".
    I put the record on my CD player, and then

It doesn't make me a Hard rock fan.
    But I listen mainly guitar music, all style included Jazz, Gypsy, ...

Well put svl, well put

Very true. But the question is not about loving or hating Vai or Satriani, but tell Edge haters why we love his music.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast