Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: UTEOTW - Quick Video of New Love Rock!

Blog Entries
    Thanks Bert. Yep the T-Tops might sound great in your Tokai - give it a go!! The Antiquity pickups have an aged look to the gold pickup covers but probably not visible on the video. The other hardware (bridge etc) are still new and shiny and will hopefully age.

Someone asked about the colour in the other thread... its off white, they call it "antique white". So it is slightly yellow to give that aged LP white look. But not as yellow as some of the very old LP's I've seen. It will be interesting to see if it changes with age.
    My Gear : Fender Strat // Tokai Love Rock LP // Epiphone Explorer Korina // Taylor 814ce (2014) Acoustic // Roland HP107 Piano // Line 6 Pod HD500 // Korg A3 // Presonus Firestudio Mobile // iMac 3.06Ghz Core 2 Duo 8GB // M-Audio AV40 Monitor Speakers // Vox AC4TV

"Everybody’s going to remember your songs, it’s just that nobody’s gonna be able to play them" - Bob Dylan talking to Edge

dutchyU2
    well we can compare that in Germany, we will see the difference in aging, btw the colour is called Vintage White (VW). Thats what it says if you look at the specs of my LC95.... Anyway vintage, antique, whats in a name....

great stuff tim, thx for sharing. fully agreed with the stand-up part. i feel much more relaxed when i stand. i will NOT comment on the faces. once, i had to re-record a whole take with my video camera repositioned, so my face is not captioned. i do a lot of funny stuff with my face, while i am concentrated. but u are not bad either
    great job on the playing. great, that you say, that even the solo is not that hard. so you can teach me in october, because i find especially the hammer-ons quite tough for me.
    i am on an ipad only for the next weeks, so cannot really say anything useful on the tone.
    great poster in the background. and probably the most professional looking video intro in this forum

Blog Entries
    Cheers Joe! Yes I was aware of pulling these weird faces on stage in Muden but thought that must have been nerves but it appears I must do it all the time as it's on this video as well haha! Sure we can coach each other in Germany, much easier face to face. The poster is my limited edition Edge Lithograph from U2.com. I made that intro many years ago as part of learning Final Cut Pro, the background noises are part of an amazing sound effects CD I got free with a magazine years ago.
    My Gear : Fender Strat // Tokai Love Rock LP // Epiphone Explorer Korina // Taylor 814ce (2014) Acoustic // Roland HP107 Piano // Line 6 Pod HD500 // Korg A3 // Presonus Firestudio Mobile // iMac 3.06Ghz Core 2 Duo 8GB // M-Audio AV40 Monitor Speakers // Vox AC4TV

"Everybody’s going to remember your songs, it’s just that nobody’s gonna be able to play them" - Bob Dylan talking to Edge

Tim, That Tokai looks and sounds amazing. I seen a Tokai on Ebay just the other night for around 600us or so, I guess there hard to come by here in the U.S. I didn't know they had a slightly more angled headstock than the Les Pauls. Do you notice a lot more sustain with this design? How does it stay in tune and did you have any intonation issues with it? Congrats, that's a nice find

Well done Tim, great tone and playing with the new toy!

Blog Entries
    Sounds great, Tim How does the tone compare to your Explorer? Oh, and re: funny faces while playing, I just noticed earlier today that any time I try a big string bend (fly solo, bullet, etc), I grimace...lol go figure
    --Brandon

Hi Tim, well played. Maybe a pinch or two more dirt in the solo.
    Very clear sound has your Tokai. Sounds great!
    About the faces.. Have you ever seen Stevie Ray Vaughan
    playing the blues with a pain twisted face? THIS is making a face..

Alex
    [url]http://www.u2-experience.de/[ /url]
    It's a musical journey...
    U2-EXPERIENCE

Fantastic! guitar looks and SOUNDS awesome to me!

Tone sounded great on my iPad nice crisp, nasal sound, did you add any drive during the solo?

Blog Entries
    Cheers Alex and Tim. Nothing done to solo, it's the same patch throughout. I might try adding more drive for the solo which should give a volume boost too.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast