Thread: Moment of Surrender - first try

Moment of Surrender - first try

Ok. I see I'm first with MOS. Here is my first recording - comparison. I chose 2009 ver coz I prefer Gretsch's tone What can you say about the tone and my playing?? I used Les Paul of course :P
    U2 only on the left chanel.

I look forward to your comments

Last edited by olekcj111; 05-24-2013 at 06:22 PM.

dutchyU2
    I think the bassline part needs to be more scratchy on the strings, also lacks that gretschy-sound which contributes a lot to that scratchy-sound IMO. Solo seems OK regarding tone and playing, the last distorted part I didn't like, too much and too trebly too, all IMHO offcourse

Thanks What about the outro?? (with shimmer)

I like your playing. I think there is nothing to say more about it. Good technique, very constant and that's the difficulty of this song.
    The sound is improvable. Like Bert said, the baseline is not "dirty" enough. I don't know if it is because you are not playing it with a Gretsch, because the solo sounds about 99% right. I like the delay. Sounds wide and big and really gives emotion to the song. Good work!

The part before the outro is too much distorted, but I liked the outro.

Maybe try to experiment with some facial-fuzz for the base part.

Would be nice to share your tab and your hd500 patch.

EDIT
    But olekcj111, it is all what we call here in Germany "Jammern auf hohem Niveau" which literally means "Big time whinging" or "Complaining on a high level". Keep on the good work!
    Last edited by Sauter; 05-25-2013 at 06:08 AM.

Ok. I'll work with this before recording the final cover. The outro sounded too distorded coz I used the same drive as for the solo... :X That was the mistake :P Thanks for comments

I used Tube drive (for the solo), litle pitch glide 12, boost comp, dig delay w/ mod 517ms and octo for the outro. Of course amp is AC30 with blue speakers. If I improve the preset I'll share it