Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: U2 - New York Cover (version 1)

U2 - New York Cover (version 1)

Here's my cover for New York. Still lots to improve here, but I want some feedback.. Also not the best recording (intro is a bit low volume)

Chain: Explorer > HD500/Korg A3 (2nd verse) > Reaper

Tell me what you think!

Greetings, Matt

dutchyU2
    As always great playing Matt! Congrats Very original to use the A3 in this song. Only thing I will mention is that you have to raise the volume of your track a bit, I've played it at 100% volume and it is still too low in volume

Volume is indeed low.
    But it seems to me that it is a fantastic cover you have made ! Great sound .
    Do you use amp sim HD500 or real amp ?

Thnx! I´ve raised the volume and reuploaded it. Hopefully better now.

@Manu
    I used HD500 Amp sim. But I got some speakers im hooking up with the Joyo AC tone, going to use that in the future.

Sounds great!! Like the little bit you added around the 2;43 mark.
    I also like the drive tone you're using. Gives it a lot of raw grit to the song. The punch from clean to hard dirt is what makes this song and you did a good job nailing it. Maybe not exact tone but certainly a lot of feeling.

Nice go at this one, Which effects were you using in the A3 for the 2nd Verse? Did you run it in the Loop or just through the in or out of the HD? Your tone is very good but maybe add a little more bite for the Driven parts. Other than that it sounds fantastic.

Vic

Banned
    Blog Entries
    What are you using at the 1:25 mark in the tune?

I used preset 76 (Mysterious Ways) on the A3. But only the WAH2 and OVD2 effects and yes, its in the FX loop. On the HD500 I was using Facial Fuzz for the driven parts but I'm currently busy with fine tuning this, its not sounding right to me yet.

At 1;25 I kicked in the Pitch Vibrato effect on the HD500. When I'm ready with my preset I'll post it in the preset section.

Thnx for the replies!

Blog Entries
    Nicely done. Not a song I've seen many covers of and you did a great job. Lots of tonal variety and they all sound good!

Blog Entries
    Really like it! I left it playing in the background whilst surfing the web and forgot it was a cover a few times. Nice to see you using both the HD500 and A3 together to such good effect!
    My Gear : Fender Strat // Tokai Love Rock LP // Epiphone Explorer Korina // Taylor 814ce (2014) Acoustic // Roland HP107 Piano // Line 6 Pod HD500 // Korg A3 // Presonus Firestudio Mobile // iMac 3.06Ghz Core 2 Duo 8GB // M-Audio AV40 Monitor Speakers // Vox AC4TV

"Everybody’s going to remember your songs, it’s just that nobody’s gonna be able to play them" - Bob Dylan talking to Edge

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast