Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: U2 - New York Cover (version 1)

Quote Originally Posted by maplebeans View Post
    Nicely done. Not a song I've seen many covers of and you did a great job. Lots of tonal variety and they all sound good!
    + 10. Yes, this song hasn't been covered so much and you succeeded to find out some complex tones. Congratulations.
    Did you find out these tones only by ear or did you have infos about the effects used by the EDGE ?
    Cheers
    Zolaive

I LIKE IT

long live matt

sgrain

Quote Originally Posted by ZOLAIVE View Post
    + 10. Yes, this song hasn't been covered so much and you succeeded to find out some complex tones. Congratulations.
    Did you find out these tones only by ear or did you have infos about the effects used by the EDGE ?
    Cheers
    Zolaive
    Thnx alot lol Yes I just listen alot to the song and then I'm trying to find the right tone with all distortion/fuzz pedals that are in the HD500. Although this is obviously a fuzz pedal tone, its very 'wide' and full and has alot of sustain.

Honestly this cover isn't that good, not played correctly and the drive tone is not right. The last couple of days I made some huge steps regarding tone and I know how to play the song in the right way now. Tomorrow I'll record my latest effort and I will post my preset.

Thanks alot for the comments all!
    Last edited by Matt; 03-26-2013 at 06:10 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12