Thread: Luminous Times - my version!!!

Luminous Times - my version!!!

Hello!
    This song ist one of the best B-sides U2 ever made! Listening to Luminous times produces always great feelings to me and I always have great memories to good old times... So I´ve decided to record my own version a year ago!

I´ve recorded this version completely on my own: no backing track, no loops! All sounds played by myself. Gear used: Guitars, bass guitar, e-drum, no keybaord or something. Effects: Korg A3, Pod X3 live, H&K Tubefactor, Line 6 M9.
    Don´t be to critical to my voice - I´m a guitar player - not a singer!!!
    Enjoy!

A friend of mine thought that the acoustic guitar has too much delay in the mix - make your own opinion!
    Last edited by Bonjek; 01-09-2013 at 05:57 PM.

Very original choice for a cover! Sounds cool.

dutchyU2
    Great to hear these older songs again. Wish you had played a pianotrack in this one, seems to me that is missing in this rendition. The pianopart is very distinct for this song IMHO

AW: Luminous Times - my version!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dutchyU2 View Post
    Great to hear these older songs again. Wish you had played a pianotrack in this one, seems to me that is missing in this rendition. The pianopart is very distinct for this song IMHO
    Yes, you're right. The pianotrack is missing. I didn't want to do a copy as similar as the original recording so I decided to let guitar do the job. And also the drums are very different to the original.

Gesendet von meinem LIFETAB_P9514 mit Tapatalk 2
    "It´s a musical journey!" (Larry)

wow, i didnt hear this for a long time. great job, bonjek. congrats to your versatility. interestingly enough, i especially liked the acoustic with the heavy delay.

Blog Entries
    Sounds really good, bonjek I agree, this is one of my favorite U2 b-sides. Very much a "slow burn" -- always reminds me of WOWY. How did you learn the song? Is there sheet music out there somewhere, or did you piece it together via tabs/by ear?
    --Brandon

Blog Entries
    ...of course, it probably reminds me of WOWY, because it's the b-side to WOWY ...lol...anyway, great job
    --Brandon

AW: Luminous Times - my version!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyrnr View Post
    Sounds really good, bonjek I agree, this is one of my favorite U2 b-sides. Very much a "slow burn" -- always reminds me of WOWY. How did you learn the song? Is there sheet music out there somewhere, or did you piece it together via tabs/by ear?
    No,I did not use a sheet. First I searched the chords by ear and wrote them down. Then I played the basstrack to a click and then I went on with the guitars. I know it's not usual but the last instrument I did was the drums. And then I sang at least. Then the mix and mastering and this is what you hear.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9300 mit Tapatalk 2
    "It´s a musical journey!" (Larry)