Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just bought Dirk Hendrik SDD3K - Chain Advice

Blog Entries

Just bought Dirk Hendrik SDD3K - Chain Advice

I've just bought a Dirk Hendrik SDD3K and it is in the post today! I need to think about where to put this in my effects chain and was after some advice from the good people of the forum.

At the moment I have a very simple chain like this : Guitar -> HD500 -> (Joyo AC Tone in FX loop) -> Firewire interface -> Reaper

I also have a Korg A3 which is not in my setup at all at the moment. I can only have 1 FX loop in the HD500, so either I serial items together in that loop, or I can put things before and/or after the HD500 itself.

So I am thinking of moving the Joyo to after my HD500, as it is always nearly last in my HD500 chain anyway, other than some reverb (which I could apply in Reaper anyway I suppose, therefore saving an effects block in HD500).

It would be nice to find a way to incorporate everything into my chain if possible - all comments and advice most welcome

Tim.
    My Gear : Fender Strat // Tokai Love Rock LP // Epiphone Explorer Korina // Taylor 814ce (2014) Acoustic // Roland HP107 Piano // Line 6 Pod HD500 // Korg A3 // Presonus Firestudio Mobile // iMac 3.06Ghz Core 2 Duo 8GB // M-Audio AV40 Monitor Speakers // Vox AC4TV

"Everybody’s going to remember your songs, it’s just that nobody’s gonna be able to play them" - Bob Dylan talking to Edge

dutchyU2
    When I had the HD I had the sdd always in the FXloop. Depending on the song I had it before or after the delays, mostly after the delays...The A3 btw has also that same preamp when you have it in bypass, so you can use that too for sdd3kp (when it's in bypass)

gr Bert

Isn't it possible to use the stereo loop function on this? I mean, put the sdd3k in the left and the a3 in the right connection of the loop and use the mixer in the hd to decide wich side you use per patch.
    Not sure if it's possible but might be worth a try

I use mine in the fx loop before the Liverpool with drives before it and delays / reverb after.

Tim, I use mine right in front of the Joyo and rarely (if ever) turn it off. Its just kind of part of my amp sim (but then as you know I try and play everything on my LP ) I think given the i/o issues we talked about that will be the best option.

Since Muden I so want to buy a GCX audio switcher lol

@bert I never realised the a3 has the same preamp!
    Last edited by bigtim; 11-03-2012 at 11:42 PM.

dutchyU2
    With A3 in your chain,on bypass it has the same pre-amp, try it out, you own a A3

I will try an a/b with the dirk hendrik tomorrow, wow more money wasted lol

No, not money wasted! You have an extra led light on your pedalboard!

dutchyU2
    The A3 is a device which has more to offer than only patch 76.....great preamp, very good mod-delays etc.

Yep, entirely possible, that's what I do. I've posted a couple of times about this and it is early / late so maybe do a search. You don't even have to use one or the other - use both, get parallel delays, use the A3 preamp as Bert says, do Mysterious Ways etc.

Darren

Quote Originally Posted by Explorer32 View Post
    Isn't it possible to use the stereo loop function on this? I mean, put the sdd3k in the left and the a3 in the right connection of the loop and use the mixer in the hd to decide wich side you use per patch.
    Not sure if it's possible but might be worth a try

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast