Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: starkj's gear

Blog Entries

starkj's gear

Quote Originally Posted by starkj View Post
    Trying out the Boss MD-500 for (non-U2-related) modulation. Seems quite good, but I'm not sure if it's a keeper or not –*I've only had it for a week.
    If you had any experience with the dd20; does it have those tones?

Hey Jacques,
    yeah, I had a DD-20 a few years ago. It was perhaps my favorite delay pedal of all time; its modulated delay was spot-on, just as good as the SDD-3000 (without the preamp though).

But my updated board has the MD-500, which is Boss's new modulation box - might you be thinking of the DD-500? The MD-500 does not do delay as such, but instead modulation sounds like chorus, flanger, phaser, rotary etc.

http://soundcloud.com/starkjo

whenever I see John's pedal board it makes me want to sell my axe and go back to analogue!!!!!!

I think I've asked this before, but which solderless cables are you using John? can't seem to find anything in the UK at anything like a sensible price.

bigtim, the cables are George L's.

LOL, this board is not as analogue as I would wish sometime Still, it's really the sort of board that I like. Never say never, but an Axe-FX (or Helix or the likes) is not on my horizon for the foreseeable future. I much more enjoy a physical and tangible approach to a board.

http://soundcloud.com/starkjo

Quote Originally Posted by bigtim View Post
    whenever I see John's pedal board it makes me want to sell my axe and go back to analogue!!!!!!

I think I've asked this before, but which solderless cables are you using John? can't seem to find anything in the UK at anything like a sensible price.
    You should do it! You'll get your soul back as well as having more fun ;-)

With all the MIDI friendly pedals available now, along with many good MIDI controllers,
    it makes old school tap dancing a thing of the past. Which is what made me transition
    to the Axe II.
    One click preset changes are now a reality with a pedal board.
    Hmmmmmm

Give me a Fulltone SSTE tape delay any day over a an Axe Fx emulation.

As Jack White says “I always look at playing guitar as an attack, it has to be a fight. Every song, every guitar solo, every note that’s played or written has to be a struggle."

Quote Originally Posted by The5chord View Post
    Give me a Fulltone SSTE tape delay any day over a an Axe Fx emulation.

As Jack White says “I always look at playing guitar as an attack, it has to be a fight. Every song, every guitar solo, every note that’s played or written has to be a struggle."
    Hmmmmm ok. if you are a pro musician then jack white had a point. but for me, i dont need a fight i just want to dial in a tone and enjoy playing. And after years of being underwhelmed by the axe fx i can tell you now that the axe sounds great

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516