Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My Zooropa Cover

dutchyU2
    Thx dave for the info, gonna try it out with A2 and A3!

Gr Bert

+1 on Tim's "Double, Triple, Quadruple WOW!"
    Kjetil Gilje

As I said, Dave.... Incredible detail on the BT. That you all did it yourself, makes it even more impressive. Very, very cool on the <what to you want> part. I really thought, that's the original sample. Awesome.
    Overall fantastic job bro

Blog Entries
    That's incredible Building this from scratch must've been quite the labor of love--and it definitely shows. Great cover of U2 at their coolest and weirdest

Thanks guys... I'm still figuring out the finer points of playing this song, like which chord voicing to use, etc.
    Yeah none of us wanted to mention it but those finer points you are really messing up

What I really love about this apart from the fantastic work that has gone into the patches and the wonderful playing is how beautifully balanced the whole recording is. The samples, bass, synthsall etc are excellent but most of all I love the way the drums cut through the track so well, What instrument did you use to record the drums Dave is it an 'real kit' or a sampled kit?

Blog Entries
    Thanks a lot - Tim, it's a sampler kit (EZDrummer actually) but I spent a fair amount of time playing with the gating, compression, and EQ on each drum track to try and make it sound more like a real drum kit.

I'm still searching for the ideal way to record bass guitar, but so far the best method for me is to use the POD HD500 plugged in direct. My bass isn't very good - it's a cheap Squier that could use new pickups (I think) but I try and squeeze as much out of it as I can.
    DTS Audio Research and Technology www.dts-art.com
    Trabantland Blog trabantland.wordpress.com
    Soundcloud Clips soundcloud.com/trabant-1
    Youtube Trabantland Channel www.youtube.com/user/Trabant1989

Doublecutaway
    That's a great great cover man!

You did an amazing stuff! I really like this song and when the drum of your cover came into the song it was the same color than the original one!

Congratulations!

It is very very nice !
    It is an incredible amount of work, and exactly in direction of my idea of doing music.
    I mean, I am totally not able to do such thing, but this is what I would like to be able to do.
    Playing great covers with backtracks is great, but doing everything alone is an other dimension.

Congratulations and respect for your work.

One word...FANTASTIC!!
    Love this song when using headphones.....brilliant cover bro, well done

Blog Entries
    Thank you for the nice comments guys
    DTS Audio Research and Technology www.dts-art.com
    Trabantland Blog trabantland.wordpress.com
    Soundcloud Clips soundcloud.com/trabant-1
    Youtube Trabantland Channel www.youtube.com/user/Trabant1989

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast