Thread: My Zooropa Cover

Blog Entries

My Zooropa Cover

DTS Audio Research and Technology www.dts-art.com
    Trabantland Blog trabantland.wordpress.com
    Soundcloud Clips soundcloud.com/trabant-1
    Youtube Trabantland Channel www.youtube.com/user/Trabant1989

WOW! ...just WOW!

holy batman..... well, dave, where shall I start? first, the obvious: this is freakin awesome. for a lack of a better word. just freakin awesome.
    the focus on details in the BT is remarkable. Did you make this yourself? (if yes, how could you filter out the <what do you want> so nicely?) great piano, great bass.
    The tone in the second part, starting 3.45 is really great, blends nicely with the BT. First part is two dlys in serial, I asume? I personally prefer the more strummed version of the first part, not so much picking individual strings. it sounds more <wah'ish> that way, if that makes any sense? check Edo's version, which is my favorite in the net, to see, what I mean:
    http://youtu.be/G_Scco8vL6w?t=58s
    anyway, dave, you've done a great, great job on a great, great song.

Did you use your new rack wah on this one? Sounds good!

Holy ****.

dutchyU2
    I think David used his new rackwah for this, on the yahoogroup he posted this to demonstrate for Helena(poptart) who bought one!

Must be an incredible amount of work.
    Great !

I agree with bigtim...WOW!
    Desert Sky,Dreamed Beneath A Desert Sky...

Blog Entries
    Double, Triple, Quadruple WOW! I love it - great job Dave well done. Please tell us about your equipment, effects, signal path etc.
    My Gear : Fender Strat // Tokai Love Rock LP // Epiphone Explorer Korina // Taylor 814ce (2014) Acoustic // Roland HP107 Piano // Line 6 Pod HD500 // Korg A3 // Presonus Firestudio Mobile // iMac 3.06Ghz Core 2 Duo 8GB // M-Audio AV40 Monitor Speakers // Vox AC4TV

"Everybody’s going to remember your songs, it’s just that nobody’s gonna be able to play them" - Bob Dylan talking to Edge

Blog Entries
    Thanks guys... I'm still figuring out the finer points of playing this song, like which chord voicing to use, etc. Helena asked me to do a recording of it, so I had to learn it. That's a great version by Edo's band...actually watching that now made me realize I missed playing a note during the chorus (first part). Something actually sounded slightly off to me but I couldn't put my finger on it until now.

I used two patches on this song - the first part is DTS remote Wah, SDD3000 delay, and DL8000R delay in series. Setting was about 460ms into 306ms. It's actually not too far from a "Still Haven't Found" patch plus a wah pedal. Maybe that's how Edge originally wrote it, messing around during a soundcheck or something. The hard part is pumping the wah, because you have to keep up a fairly fast (8th note) kind of pattern.

The second patch was Korg A3 - a patch with overdrive, delay, and tremolo. Speed set to about 7Hz at 105bpm. I think it's good to have the tremolo after the delay or else the delay will clutter up the sound.

Both of these into my AC30 miked with an SM57. I used a Les Paul neck pickup. I think Edge used the Gretsch CG live.

I will try and do a video version over the weekend if I have time, and maybe show more of how to configure the sounds/settings.

I recorded all of the piano, vocals, drums, bass, synth etc. (That's me saying "What do you want?" I kind of cringe when I hear my own voice actually...) The only U2 sample used is a bit of the intro synth pad in the background, which I looped. I had a friend in France record his wife speaking, which I made samples of.
    DTS Audio Research and Technology www.dts-art.com
    Trabantland Blog trabantland.wordpress.com
    Soundcloud Clips soundcloud.com/trabant-1
    Youtube Trabantland Channel www.youtube.com/user/Trabant1989

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast