Thread: BAD - First Attempt

Blog Entries

BAD - First Attempt

http://soundcloud.com/aussiejez/bad-...m-version-live

Still working on it but I thought I'd bring it up for some critique. Still a fair bit to go but getting there.

Blog Entries

Sorry try this one.....
    Last edited by Jezza; 04-19-2012 at 01:25 PM.

Blog Entries
    It sounds too busy, either your playing too many notes or the delays arent right. On the chorus A / D section on the 2nd and 3rd fret it sounds as if your not playing at the right tempo - but it could be the delays confusing me.

I think your two delays are either in serial (which is my first reaction) and feeding into each other and giving too many repeats or your parallel delays are over repeating. The delay should be DUM-De-DUm-Dum-dum-dum (The dum-de comes from the single repeat 552ms delay- with the tail of the repeats coming from the second dotted eigth repeat at 436 m/s.)

Settings from the Vertigo Tour were as follows
    Bad - Fender Stratocaster - Middle & Bridge SD3000 - Delay - 552 M/S - One repeat IN PARALLEL WITH TC 2290A - FEEDBACK- 40 OUTPUT - 95 MOD- 40 SPEED/DEPTH 436 M/S

I would turn off your first 552M/S delay for now - then have one delay at 436 M/S with 5 or 6 repeats - then get the rhythm going - then add the first delay.

Once you get the tempo and delays right with the tone I´m hearing from the guitar and modulation I think it will sound pretty damn good.
    --
    Rewddog - AxeFX2 Presets and Cabs available at Fractal Audio Axechange - Rewddog
    https://soundcloud.com/rewddog

Blog Entries
    Thats not it jezza. You should keep on playing the droning notes ( the palmmuted ones). Now you stop after hitting the high e string. It should continue nonstop, giving the typical bad droning.

Its a counting issue, listen to micheals explanation on this. The first two hits on a d strings (droning-sound) should be harder, giving a louder sound, rest should contineu softer, and continue after you've hit the high e.

I think you are using my patch ? That should work fine, even in parallel. If you want i'll record i small piece this evening , which might explain what i mean.

dutchyU2
    Listen to this, not perfect but it's getting closer...

Blog Entries
    Thanks all ... Have been so busy at work, I'll try another version on the weekend