Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Edge and Joe Soundtesting the AXE FX (ultra) against the Real Amps

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by macphistoo View Post
    Jacques, don't forget he was using the Ultra (or Std) at this time. I'm not sure the preset 154 is the same on them.
    Ok, i thought he tried axe fx 2, as these rumours appeared second half last year, right? THE axe fx 2 was already there, and i don't think fractal hands out the ultra with fx 2 available.

But, when i heard him try it, it sounded like that preset to my ears. Its one of my core presets to use for u2. But i'll have Ã* go Ã*-b testing, that can give a totally other view.

Those records were made in 2010 apparently that's why I suppose it was Ultra. But of course maybe it was Axe II pre-version or something.
    //// Fabrice

Blog Entries
    guess you are right, got it mixed up with that fractal audio went over to ireland for a couple of weeks to spend time with Edge. He got two axe fx II's.

Blog Entries
    I'm kinda thinking vox 2 is heavily modded .. I think the mod was done by Bonos boot when he kicked it in during one of his tantrums when he owned it I think Dallas rescued it you can still see the hole in the grille cloth
    --
    Rewddog - AxeFX2 Presets and Cabs available at Fractal Audio Axechange - Rewddog
    https://soundcloud.com/rewddog

What guitar does do you think he use?

it seems like a strat...

Quote Originally Posted by TooTone76 View Post
    I'm surprised at how "thin" his AC30's sound. Unless that's just caused by microphone positioning or because he's playing them low volume.
    EXACTLY! Note the IMGL clip. Same thing. The AC30s are fairly thin or it's his guitar. This clips are awesome!!!
    U2GTAdministrator

Quote Originally Posted by rewddog View Post
    Hi Guys

This audio has been around for a while and I havent really got my teeth into it until last night, and I realised as well as Edge trying out the Fractal AC30 model he AB´s it with his VOX No 1 and No 2 without any Effects. So I´ve cut and pasted the the audio into one short MP3 and uploaded it.

I´ve also amplified the very low conversation between The Edge and Joe about their summary of the test and it sounds promising. This was recorded prior to the Fractal Audio boys spending a week or so with the Edge recently setting up his AXE FX II´s.

Hope this is useful for you to tone match - You will have a headache though as VOX 1 and VOX 2 are really different in tone - I´m almost convinced the big drive songs use VOX 2 now after listening to the AB test, as Edge will probably be looking after his flaky Frankenamp VOX 1 for the Clean Songs.

All the best

Rewddog, can you pls make the clip downloadable? I would like to use it to model both of his amps. ;-)

Michael
    U2GTAdministrator

Blog Entries
    Ill sort it out now
    --
    Rewddog - AxeFX2 Presets and Cabs available at Fractal Audio Axechange - Rewddog

Blog Entries
    Ok Michael managed to sort it on the hi speed train with rubbish connection but you should be able to download it now
    --

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast