Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Edge and Joe Soundtesting the AXE FX (ultra) against the Real Amps

Blog Entries

The Edge and Joe Soundtesting the AXE FX (ultra) against the Real Amps

Hi Guys

This audio has been around for a while and I havent really got my teeth into it until last night, and I realised as well as Edge trying out the Fractal AC30 model he AB´s it with his VOX No 1 and No 2 without any Effects. So I´ve cut and pasted the the audio into one short MP3 and uploaded it.

I´ve also amplified the very low conversation between The Edge and Joe about their summary of the test and it sounds promising. This was recorded prior to the Fractal Audio boys spending a week or so with the Edge recently setting up his AXE FX II´s.

Hope this is useful for you to tone match - You will have a headache though as VOX 1 and VOX 2 are really different in tone - I´m almost convinced the big drive songs use VOX 2 now after listening to the AB test, as Edge will probably be looking after his flaky Frankenamp VOX 1 for the Clean Songs.

All the best

--
    Rewddog - AxeFX2 Presets and Cabs available at Fractal Audio Axechange - Rewddog
    https://soundcloud.com/rewddog

Blog Entries
    "It's a sign that's convinced me that's very much the way to go," - what exactly is Joe inferring here? Was there any reference elsewhere in the recordings of anyone's aims or intentions? I.e. are they reviewing the Axe for Fractal, or for the band's own interest?

Blog Entries
    Prior to this The Edge is playing Pride and Bad through the Fractal - the Audio is about 25 mins long so I´ve just picked what I thought were the most interesting bits once Edge decides to AB the Fractal against the real amps. So Joe is referring to going the Fractal way .. hence why I decided to buy the AXE FX II - now we need someone to hack Edges Mac and get his presets hehe.
    --
    Rewddog - AxeFX2 Presets and Cabs available at Fractal Audio Axechange - Rewddog

Blog Entries
    well, I didn't buy an axe fx II nor macbook for that, but it's a funny thing to happen..
    I'am going to use both sound samples to clone vox1 and vox2 to the axe ;-).. good times!!

Oh yeah, when somebody hacked edge's macbook, please share ;-)))))))))) .

Blog Entries
    sounds like he's playing the "desire" chords, right? COuld anybody elaborate on that? I don't have an ear for that.

Blog Entries
    I'm surprised at how "thin" his AC30's sound. Unless that's just caused by microphone positioning or because he's playing them low volume.
    "If I could play one note for a whole song, I would" - Guess who said that.

Blog Entries
    I just wondered whether he (edge) just used preset 154 on the axe. Thats a topboost one (there are more).
    Something to try !

Jacques, don't forget he was using the Ultra (or Std) at this time. I'm not sure the preset 154 is the same on them.
    //// Fabrice

How did you get this recording ?

I am surprised to see how "bad" sound the Vox 2.
    Otherwise, It would have be impossible for me to decide "blind" which sample is real Vox or axe FX

Blog Entries
    The axe is direct to PA the voxs are miced back to PA that is why the axe sounds so clear

I think what you're hearing is an In ear monitor recording of edge s iem I think hence why you can hear joe clearly but not edge as they have reduced his mic feed to not drive him mad hearing himself. In the original the voices are so low you cannot hear them chatting ( I boosted them by 11dba and left the amps as is)

Don't take the sound too literally as it is recorded from the PA feed to IEM but it gives you an idea
    Last edited by rewddog; 04-02-2012 at 11:58 AM.
    --

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast