Thread: UTTEOTW - Tone Test

Blog Entries

UTTEOTW - Tone Test

My attempt -still learning song - missed the solo notes and fingering of opening chords was rubbish as you will hear, but what do you think of the tone - the guitar is a PRS custom 22 SEMI HOLLOW! with Epiphone PAF copy pups fitted. Amp and effects all in the AXE FX II (based on settings gleaned from MOH´s tutorial). No foot pedal yet so no extra boost drive used.

Recorded in Reaper via Midi from AXE - no idea how to adjust levels yet so apologise if its clipping.

Comments / Criticism greatly appreciated.

Last edited by rewddog; 03-31-2012 at 11:18 PM. Reason: cant spell
    --
    Rewddog - AxeFX2 Presets and Cabs available at Fractal Audio Axechange - Rewddog
    https://soundcloud.com/rewddog

With respect, the recording sounds awful. Not possible really to comment on the tone other than I think it might be a bit dark but not really sure yet. What do you mean when you say recorded via midi from AXE? Do you mean its plugged into your pc via usb. The axe must have a master out setting? or just turn the sliders down on your track in reaper.

I think pupack recomends not letting the levels in each track get much above -6db (I could be remembering this wrong) as a start try this and see if things get any clearer. If it were me I would try and adjust the axe master to give you around -6db with the slider in its mid position to give you a bit of contol either way, In theory once you set this up most of your patches could be levelled (follow Two tones guides) to give a pretty consistent starting point.

What kind of beer do you drink ?

Seriously.
    Record again. -6db, as Bigtim said.

Blog Entries
    Bacardi and coke lots of it!
    --
    Rewddog - AxeFX2 Presets and Cabs available at Fractal Audio Axechange - Rewddog
    https://soundcloud.com/rewddog

Sounds like he drinks French beer to me