Thread: A/D D/A converters POD HD500

A/D D/A converters POD HD500

Hello

Information found on line 6 forum, about the A/D D/A converter used in HD500, just in case you are interested
    http://fr.line6.com/support/thread/79687
    http://www.cirrus.com/en/products/cs4272.html

The same is used in the following gear (information not from me)
    Line 6 pod X3 live;

-Avid eleven rack;

-Apogee DUET/ONE;

-Indigo-Echo I/O;

-Apogee Ensemble

-Echo Audiofire 8:

-Mbox3 Pro;

-FALCON 50 FM;

-Yellowtec Puc2;

-Behringer ddm 4000 (as one in many, many converters used in this gear)

If Behringer uses the same converters now I understand why it sucks my guitar tone...
    Fender Stratocaster 1979 Black with original pickups ; Gretsch Bono Irish Falcon 2005 Everygreen with FilterTron Pickups ; Gibson Les Paul Custom 2003 Alpine White with SD Seth Lover pickups; Gibson J200 Blonde 1989 with Fisherman Matrix Infinity II; Line 6 HD500; Vox AC4TV; Vox Amplug AC30.

But also Avid eleven rack uses the same. And so far I know, this is a good machine.

Behringer uses good converters for some units (the old ones in major part)... the problems are in other parts.
    All we have to decide, is what to do with the time that is given to us.

Blog Entries
    its common converter chip. I dont know if its true this list of gear which used the same converters. But its a fact, that its a converter for about 25$ ...
    Converters are important part, but also how unit works with signal in whole circuit is important.. preamp section, qualitty of digital effects etc etc. So two units with same converters can sound different.
    Its matter of multifunction units. Every part is a compromise against price. We must consider that qualitty of unit is all about money. That is a fact.
    Its not about gear, the goal is soul.