Thread: Bullet Delay Time

Senior Member My street has a name's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Bullet Delay Time

Anyone have the time for this? I have heard that it is a quarter note delay, but I have also heard that it is the dotted-eighth.
    Last Name: Edge
    First Name: The

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by My street has a name View Post
    Anyone have the time for this? I have heard that it is a quarter note delay, but I have also heard that it is the dotted-eighth.
    Prob. b/c It's a different time for the chorus section compared to the verses.
    DTS Audio Research and Technology www.dts-art.com
    Trabantland Blog trabantland.wordpress.com
    Soundcloud Clips soundcloud.com/trabant-1
    Youtube Trabantland Channel www.youtube.com/user/Trabant1989

My preset is dotted eighths. I use no delay at the chorus.

Although this thread is somewhat old I thought I'd post my thoughts here for anyone still trying to establish the delay time for the live ZOO TV version as I am currently working on this. During the solo I believe a standard eighth note delay is being used rather than a dotted eighth. If you listen to the Sydney live version you can hear the delay repeating 4 or 5 times when Edge hits the strings and then immediately mutes them as the whole band briefly stops before resuming together.

I use a dotted eighth, and then turn delay off for the chorus.

This is the one song that probably doesn't matter as much for having an exact time.

I used between 450 and 500 somewhere, for intro, wah and solo parts. Depending on versions. Vertigo tur settings doc said Intro 500ms, verse 462, chorus 462, solo 500/530. For the chorus "stab" part I use a shorter delay or nothing. I don't really feel the need for an audible delay there.

Now I use Edo's settings which seems spot on to me. Not sure if he likes that we share the exact settings for those
    Kjetil Gilje

500 ms for riff
    530 ms solo
    462ms verse with Wah with 0 feedback