Thread: the sound of The Edge

the sound of The Edge

Hi all I introduce myself, My name is Matedge. This is my first query in this forum. I'm in a U2 cover band and was wondering how do I sound like the edge.
    The issue is this, my equipment is a Vox AC30 and a foot pod hd 500. What would be the best way to connect the pedal to the amp to play live, for imput or effects loop.
    My question is, who hears that the edge connects the delays before the pre amp to give a little distorted sound to them, is really so or should connect then? .. You do not know if you have to put the pedal emulators or is it better just the amp's sound is that the Edge uses various types of amps, but in most of the subjects used the Vox AC30.
    I would appreciate someone an example of how to connect the effects and amp (flow chart) For example comp --- loop--- over--- delay--loop fx --- amp, and what would be the best option for sound in live like the edge.
    regards

Hi Matedge. The Edge uses vintage amps that do not have FX loops. This may answer a part of your questions.

Everything in front... no FX Loops
    All we have to decide, is what to do with the time that is given to us.